Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Anyone recommend a rigid fork for an Orange P7??
  • burgatedicky

I’ve been roped in to a 100mile road/fire road/track tour from London to Brighton later on in the summer. I have two bikes, a P7 set up for “fit and forget” general mtb purposes, and an Allez for road mile munching.

Now there is no way the Allez is up for the challenge as the tracks and fire roads will obliterate it, but I don’t really fancy lugging a tent and camping gear on the P7 with its Fox VanR forks.
    Can anyone point me in the direction of some rigid forks that would fit the frame (1 1/8 head tube, 140mm fork) and NOT break the bank??
    Also if anyone can recommend some cheap racks to attach the camping gear to it would be great!

Thanks in advance.

wwaswas

29er fork from exotic would probably be the same a-c – they do aluminium tubed ones for less than carbon.

BillOddie

Assuming it’s a 26er 140mm fork, you’ll want a 29er rigid fork.

Exotic, Salsa, Surly do them… They tend to be QR though so you might need adaptors for your hub or a new hub.

fasthaggis

I put an On One 29er one on my one 🙂

mobes
    Free Member

Got 29er a salsa cromoto’s on my P7

butcher

Orange do a rigid fork for it for about £50 or something. Don’t know if they still sell them.

Northwind

I had Exotic 29er carbons in my Soul, doing the same job- ace. Yes it’s more money for carbon but well worth it imo- bit better comfort (supposedly- I can feel a difference over On One steel but I’ve not tried others) but frankly just the lighter front end is worth it as you’ll want to get that thing off the ground often!

They might be over your budget but I’ve got a set of very nice Hylixes to sell- full carbon and silly light. Looking for £75 posted I guess.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Anyone recommend a rigid fork for an Orange P7??’ is closed to new replies.