Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Anyone recognise this Exposure Joystick model?
  • BenHouldsworth
    Free Member

Made an implulse purchase on Ebay and now not sure if its any better than my current Fenix helmet torch.

thanks for any help

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?VISuperSize&item=140511273850

xcstu
    Free Member

Unfortunately the link doesn’t seem to work ;-/

BenHouldsworth
    Free Member
    firestarter
    Free Member

It looks like the original one I think I had one a good few years ago

BenHouldsworth
    Free Member

Firestarter- Was it any good?

xcstu
    Free Member

A blast from the past! here is a review down the page of it

http://www.gearreview.com/2007_led_lights.php

firestarter
    Free Member

It wasn’t bad at the time as a headtorch but not very good compared to the newer stuff these days

scott_mcavennie2
    Free Member

I have one of those still – decent light but blown away by my current joystick. Used to use it as a sole light for riding around Surrey Hills singletrack etc.

Had to have a few warranty repairs though.

ChrisL

Yes, that looks like my Mark 1 Joystick. I’m still using it for commuting but its battery seems to be a bit flaky these days.

Trimix
    Free Member

I use one every Tuesday night for proper mountain biking – its very good. Tight focused spot, bright enough as its very focused. Lasts 2+ hours on full brightness, thats after owning it for 5 years with the same battery. Never gone wrong.

When out on the trail its very hard to tell if its brighter or dimmer than the newer ones – sure the new ones are brighter, but also with a more broad beam, so in real life its not that noticable.

You will be happy with it. Sure the latest are brighter, but if you just want one as a spot on your head, its perfect. I use it in conjunction with a bar mounted light, so have the best of both.

Also you can get a replacement battery from USE service dept if you need one – about £30 IIRC.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Anyone recognise this Exposure Joystick model?’ is closed to new replies.