Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Anyone owned a Toyota Celica?
  • damitamit
    Free Member

Looking to get a Gen 7 T Sport.

Any views on them? Things I should watch out for? Bike friendliness?

Thanks
    Amit

rob-jackson
    Free Member

i want one!

parkesie
    Free Member

worked on a couple of early 90s pop up head light models pretty bomb proof motors you can afford to look for the best one you can alot are owned by enthusiast and the older gent. Some unfortunately arent so lucky.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    PiknMix
    Free Member

get one… enjoy the lift at about 6k rpm

JAG

Yes – my wife has a Celica T-Sport (53 reg).

6 months after we got it the air-con’ compressor packed up and that was about £500 to get fixed. Toyota dealer was the cheapest we could find to get it done. Air con’ compressor is fine now but the air con’ leaks somewhere and doesn’t get very cold.

Otherwise it’s been completely bomb-proof.

I’ve worked with Toyota as a Tier 1 supplier and I can’t think of another car manufacturer who can build such well Engineered and reliable cars.

Overall the T-Sport is a fabulous car – pootles around town when you want it to but takes-off like a scalded cat if you rev’ it over about 6000 rpm.

Wife loves it too.

JAG

aah yes – not very bike friendly though 🙁

cynic-al
    Free Member

Pretty but not much room.

bobgarrod
    Free Member

I had a g reg model with pop up headlights mk2?
    Great car. Only got rid of because of rust . Totally reliable. Big boot . If modern models are half as good it will be a good buy

enveetee
    Free Member

Not owned one but a friend did in the mid 80’s

He decided to swap the engine for a better/larger capacity one – 1800 to 2000 if I remember correctly

As an experiment on the old engine, he treated it to SLICK 50 (an oil additive) then drained the oil and drove it for 50 miles to see if it would seize – it didn’t

He then put it on his drive and put a brick on the accelerator to see how long it would last – made an awful noise. Eventually the neighbors complained about the smoke and general din.

It never blew up

I was there

It’s true

Don’t know anything else about them

HTH

If I had a photo of a sparrow sitting on a pea I’d post it, but I don’t

Nigel

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Anyone owned a Toyota Celica?’ is closed to new replies.

New deal added to Members Discounts