Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • anyone owned a pompino and a planet x xls
  • firestarter
    Free Member

Thinking about an xls but im between sizes I think. Im five nine and a bit. I tried a medium pompino and it felt too little so ended up owning a large(54 iirc) and it fit much better. But the large xls is called a 57 tho the tt is still slightly shorter than 54 pomp. So really not sure size wise

IVe seen someone selling an xls as they need the next size up so im thinking they run smaller than size would suggest

I used to ride a 54 surly cx if that helps any and lots of medium 29ers

bluearsedfly
    Free Member

I’m 5′ 9″ 32″ inseam and ride a 54cm XLS. First road/cx type bike but suits me well.

If you’re anywhere round south Lancs you’re welcome to come and sit on it (easy).

firestarter
    Free Member

Cheers for info. 57 looks to have no stand over but 54 tt seems very short. Afraid im not near you but thanks for the offer

igm

I have found the Planet X / On One sizing pretty consistent – ie large in one frame large in the next from them. Probably bears no relationship to other peoples sizing.

firestarter
    Free Member

Trouble is a large pomp is 54 and a large xls is 57 but eff tt is very similar

igm

Stop worrying about numbers too much. Different styles of bike are different sizes for the same rider.

Either believe or test ride.

(Test ride is the sensible option, now go to Sheffield or Edinburgh)

firestarter
    Free Member

Might have to go to one of them

sq225917
    Free Member

firestarter, the size you choose will depend on one thing, whether you chose the right size for you based on intended use or whether you choose the size based on bikes you have ridden previously that have different geometry and serve a different purpose.

Unless you have disproportionately long/short/legs/torso/arms the size guides are usually very good. Should you be long in the leg go for the larger frame and compensate with shorter stem and vice versa.

I’m 5’9 with ape arms, 31″ inseam and short body and I ride the 54 with a 90mm stem.

firestarter
    Free Member

Yeah I think I’ll look elsewhere as the xls is far too short for me in the probable correct size. Get something less race oriented. Cheers for input fellas

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘anyone owned a pompino and a planet x xls’ is closed to new replies.