• This topic has 5 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by Nico.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Anyone own a Momentum watch…any good?
  • rosscopeco
    Free Member

Looking to buy another half decent watch….something that’ll take some abuse, is analogue, won’t break the bank, has an alarm and glows in the dark! Weird list of ‘must haves’ but I’m unique!

My good watch is a auto Omega Seamster, it however goes nuts when I go out on the bike so I’ve also a Seiko divers pepsi for general horsing about / MTB / outdoors and it ticks all but one of the boxes…it doesn’t have an alarm.

Found these and like the look of them. Thinking of one of the following:

Pathfinder 3
    Titan 3 or
    Vortech GMT

All sub the £250 mark so are maybe a little more than I’d like to spend for a ‘horsing about’ watch but not so much that I’d be greeting if I smashed it.

Anyone own one of these or other Momentum watches and care to offer their thoughts?

rosscopeco
    Free Member

Anyone?

Cletus

Sorry cannot offer any feedback on the watches but just want to clarify something. The alarm function you are looking for – is this to wake you up?

Seems a bit last century when mobile phones are universal and contain all the alarm features most people could ever want.

Sorry I am not trying to derail the thread – genuinely curious.

rosscopeco
    Free Member

Fair question Cletus.

For over a year now, my wife & I decided to leave our phones charging in the kitchen overnight…no more phones / iPads / screens in the bedroom…it’s done wonders for our conversation etc etc!!

So….yes, the alarm is for waking me! I usually get up naturally at 06:30ish but want to get up a little earlier to get some early morning miles in before the kids are up and I start work.

Anyone got one of these watches?

dooosuk
    Free Member

I think you’re over thinking it.

They’re all quartz movements, 2 are Swiss, 1 Japanese…you’ll have no problems there.

Only you can decide whether you like the design/marketing and whether they warrants the asking price for a quartz movement.

Nico
    Free Member

Does the Omega Seamster not have an alarm? If so you could use that to wake you. My watch (a Casio) has five alarms, but I use a clock radio to wake me and keep me awake.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Anyone own a Momentum watch…any good?’ is closed to new replies.