Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Anyone own a fisher 29er?
  • elma
    Free Member

As in the title , just looking for advice and opinions.

I'm particularly looking at the cobia for £800 on the bike to work scheme.

I've had a look on the website and it seems that the same frame covers all the range just with different components.

Thanks Iain

fontmoss
    Free Member

owned a few now, 3 rigs a ferrous and soon (hopefully) a superfly

whats the question?

EDIT: if its "are the frames the same for more than one model" then i think yes looking on the website, 6066 alu for paragon and a few others. If in doubt call a fisher/trek dealer. trek do the same but at the high end might only have a couple of bikes with posher alu frames

Frizzer
    Free Member

I've got a pre G2 Rig

elma
    Free Member

Just basically trying to find out if they are a good buy.

£800 for a full bike seems a good deal espcially if its the same frame as the £2000 bike.

Mud clearance also looks a bit tight on the back end just wondered if its a problem.

Iain

Frizzer
    Free Member

Mine is an '07 and has a 2.2 on the rear but I wouldn't think anything bigger would fit it as the tyre seems quite close to the chain stays.

fontmoss
    Free Member

i think you need to get into a shop and have a look, i imagine clearance will be ok at the back but everyones different. quick test ride should tell if it fits you which is the most important thing imho.

and if it doesnt then a trek might fit better

LordOnOne
    Free Member

Mud clearance seems fine on my Paragon, better than my last 3 bikes. There’s no seat stay or chain stay bridge either.

elma
    Free Member

Anyone know of any shops in the north east area with any fishers in stock so i can try one for size.

Thanks iain

ton

chevin, otley.
    i had a paragon and a x caliber, not very comfy.

elma
    Free Member

Ton,
    Not very comfy as in a harsh ride ,is it a really stiff frame.

Iain

ton

no, no overly, very long, longish stem, and low.
    just did not feel right.
    nice spec and very light tho.

Chevin
    Free Member

elma – Give me a call! Is Otley in the North east? I'm never too sure, possibly North central?

Mamba, Cobia, X-cal and Paragon all share the same frame. I have Paragons in every size on our demo list and we have some reasonable trails within 1/2 mile of the shop. Also a cyclescheme dealer.

Matthew.

goot
    Free Member

I have a GF Rig 'root beer' , 09 model

Love it. Easy to run geared or single ( has an EBB)

Only one thing, back end is stiff as **** and jars my back more than my 05 model did.

lifetime warranty on frame too.

singlespeedstu

lifetime warranty on frame too.

And they need it….

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Anyone own a fisher 29er?’ is closed to new replies.