Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • anyone ordered from JE James lately? (past experiences not good)
  • monkeymagic
    Free Member

Ordered about 3 times from JE James over the past couple of years, every order was delayed and had stock issues, one got cancelled due to no show. I’ve seen something on their site that’s quite a bit cheaper than most places, dare I order these days? Anyone had any good/bad experiences lately? They sent me a nice email about 6 months ago saying things would get better in the future (apologising for the dreadful service and 2 week delay on my order!).
    I like the certainty of CRC but I like saving money and even CRC are taking 48 rather than 24 hours these days!

larrythelathe
    Free Member

My last experience of them was terrible. Items shown in stock on the site but are not.
    Even after I told them the web site said stock they didn’t change it.
    They also said they doubted they could complete the order for some time this was 3 weeks after I ordered.
    I then had to chase and chase to get a refund. All sorted now.

MrTall
    Free Member

Oh good. I ordered something from them yesterday, wonder if it’ll turn up?

jejamescycles.co.uk
    Free Member

We’d like to think we have come a long way in our mail order side of the business, we have spent lots of time listening to customer feedback over the last 12 months and done as much as we can to improve. We are constantly trying to keep pace which is difficult at times but we really do try our best. We have also just taken on a new courier which offers fantastic delivery timings. If you place your order today you should see the item by early next week I’m sure.

All the best and have a nice weekend! 🙂

Andy

stevemtb
    Free Member

I’ve never had a problem with them, ordered a few things now.

At least you know they’ll be watching out for your order now – just put a note on it to make sure they know it’s linked to this thread and you should get a quick delivery!!

jejamescycles.co.uk
    Free Member

Thanks Steve, we do get it right a hell of a lot of the time these days.

We still hit a snag every now and then but big efforts usually see big positive changes, like I said we do try our best.

Now then, where did I put that bottle opener? 😉

Over and out.

Sonor
    Free Member

Had trouble with ordering online, the secure webpage kept on kicking me out, so phoned them up and ordered over the phone. Can’t complain as the parcel arrived exactly when they said it would.

jonk

I’ve ordered loads of royal stuff over the past year and although the delivery was very slow over a week in most cases it came. If they have sorted a new courier then good times if they deliver quicker. IMO they need to invest in a live stock system which would enable them to compete with the big boys.

grantway
    Free Member

Mmmmmmm dam ordered the 661 subgear T shirt this morning
    Hoping to receive it before I go to Coed Y Brenin this coming Wednesday.

backhander
    Free Member

Just ordered some brakes last night, no news so far. I ordered some wheels from cyclestore shortly after which are already on the way despite the 7-14 day stated lead time. I’ll let you know if/when the brakes arrive.

MrTall
    Free Member

Just a bit of feedback seeing as JE James have been active on this thread.

I ordered on Thursday morning due to you having the best price on a Cateye computer. Your website would not allow me to have my item delivered to my office for ‘security reasons’ so i had to have it sent to my home. No problem i thought it’ll just mean a quick trip to the local PO the next day, i can live with that. I now find you actually use a new courier to deliver and to be fair, you emailed me yesterday to say it was now with them and i’d get a 1hr delivery slot from them (which checking online this morning is betweem 13:09-14:09).

Not the fastest delivery ever but certainly in the acceptable range. My problem is what happens next? I’m at work now (i assume like most of your customers?) so what will happen to my parcel? I’m not there to receive it (which is why all the other retailers i use allow me to have it sent to my office) and nor is anybody else. Do i have to arrange a pickup at a collection office which could be miles away or arrange another delivery timeslot for an evening or weekend?

Assuming you have listened to your customer feedback as above, did they really tell you this was a preferred option? Although i often see decent prices on your website, the added level of hassle to get the parcel for somebody in my position would stop me using you again i’m afraid. I can only assume most of the customers who use you are unemployed, retired or have a non working partner at home???

Not trying to have a go, just trying to offer some realistic feedback. I’m afraid i’m not driving home on the assumption that the courier times will be spot on, the petrol alone for the 20 miles would cost more than the ‘savings’ i made with you for my item. This would all be no problem at all if you’d deliver to my office but i now can’t see me using you 3 times before you’ll allow this (as per your website). Sorry for the long post, just thought it may help you to see your service from the customer side. Cheers.

steveh

I think they’ve said before that like several retailers your first order has to go to your card holders address for security reasons (i.e. to prevent fraud) and after that you can change the address.

backhander
    Free Member

My brakes still haven’t been dispatched yet. 🙁
    Ordered thurs but did get a prompt email reply which told me they’d be dispatched when they’re ready (in so many words).

R.lepecha

They post using APC now as far as I know, They are fast. Just thier depot’s are scarce or in the middle of nowhere.

MrTall
    Free Member

Courier is DPD according to my email from them.

Steveh – the website said they would deliver to a home address after you’d ordered from them 3 times.

I’ve never used any other bike shop that has not immediately sent the item to wherever i’d requested them to. I’m sure the system will work fine for a lot of people, just not those who have empty houses most days.

Kieran

I ordered an item from them on the 21st May, which to be fair was a Saturday, however it was shown as being ‘in stock’ so I thought it would be shipped monday/tuesday the following week. As it was under £15 I also had to pay £3.50 delivery but it was the only place i could find that stocked this particular item.

Finally turned up on the 1st June!

Won’t use again.

poly
    Free Member

I have to say I’ve not been impressed with them on a recent order.

Ordered new tyres, tubes and brakepads 30/5/11 and paid for preferential delivery (which should have meant I had them by 4/6/11 at the latest). All shown in stock on site.

Instead I get an email on 4/6/11 saying “brake pads out of stock but about to ship rest of order”. I send them a “get your act together” email. Then get a message on 7/6/11 saying “tubes not in this warehouse either – do you just want to cancel your whole order”

Further correspondence promises my whole shipment will leave today and be delivered tomorrow.

They have always been slow to ship stuff in the past, but never this slow and I’ve not paid extra for faster service. I am involved in getting our orders out the door here and I know only too well how stuff slips a day or two and how the computer stock doesn’t always match the physical stock but if they want to compete with Wiggle and CRC (I ordered stuff from both of them at the same time and it arrived within 48 hrs) then Andy needs to work out why “as much as we can to improve” is not as good as the competition.

backhander
    Free Member

Not great.
    I chased my order to be told that one item wasn’t in stock so I cancelled my order.
    I wouldn’t say don’t use them but make sure;
    1) You’re not in any kind hurry for your kit
    2) Phone before ordering to ensure stock
    I may use them again provided I adhere to my own advice and they were considerably cheaper than anywhere else. To be fair, they did answer my mails pretty quickly but unfortunately I had to chase them to find out they didn’t have stock rather than them mailing me.
    They’re not the only ones, I’ll never order from Rutland cycling as long as I have a hole in my arse.

barrykellett
    Free Member

Ordered a pair of Bonty Mud X’s a few weeks ago and they were shipped promptly, they were bloody cheap too. I don’t see how any part of my experience could be described as anything other than super.

backhander
    Free Member

Well if you throw enough darts at a dart board, eventually one is going to hit the bullseye!

timmys

I ordered an in stock item 10 days ago and got the dispatch email today. Piss poor effort in my opinion.

I hope “jejamescycles.co.uk” comes back to this thread and perhaps gives an indication of how long after ordering they think is a reasonable dispatch time for in stock items so we can manage our expectations.

Dobbo

Not read all above, but I ordered some parts a few weeks ago and they turned up with in stated time all well and good. On that I would use them again.

thebunk

Had the same experience as MrTall – the courier, won’t leave the package anywhere, and doesn’t allow you to pick it up from the depot, so if you work full time and no-one is at home, you can’t use JeJames.

It would cause a lot less hassle if they just said that on their site.

backhander
    Free Member

Conversely, I have had excellent service from cyclestore.co.uk and (believe it or not) Evans mail order. The Evans mail order chap was very helpful (more so than anyone else I’ve had recent dealings with) and the delivery was very prompt. I was expecting a nightmare TBH but they were the only ones I could find with stock so gave em a go. Glad I did.

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

The topic ‘anyone ordered from JE James lately? (past experiences not good)’ is closed to new replies.