Viewing 12 posts - 41 through 52 (of 52 total)
  • Anyone only ever lived in the place where they grew up?
  • BoardinBob

Hated where I grew up (Kilmarnock) and moved to Glasgow years ago and I never go back unless I'm visiting parents.

Most of my friends that I grew up with still stay there and can't understand why anyone would move away 😕

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

Originated in Essex 1969. Moved to Portsmouth in 1988 for Uni, then to Wells, Somerset in 1992 – still here. I actually feel at home here.

YoungDaveriley
    Free Member

I'm not for moving.My current address is my 4th home and I'm 48. I'm very contented.

GJP
    Free Member

Nay chance, but I was born and raised in St. Helens so I had very good grounds for leaving as soon as I could. It really was and is a proverbial sh1t hole, and I lived in one of the better areas!

pacemaker
    Free Member

London,Munster (Germany), Hereford, Sandhurst ,then back to Hereford.
    Mum and Dad split so ended up in Leeds with Mum and stayed have stayed here since.
    Dad stayed in Herefordshire, Ross on Wye for the last 20 years.

toxicsoks
    Free Member

Leeds, Leeds, Leeds. Mostly love the place but it's changing and not for the better. Her Ladyship wants out as soon as the youngest finishes college so we may well decamp to the Dales or Cumbria.

HeathenWoods
    Free Member

Born: York
    Then Northallerton way.
    Isle of Wight (Cowes and then Freshwater Bay)
    Northumberland
    East London (lots of bits – had to move whenever the council bailiffs came knocking)
    South London
    Derby (various bits)

Will soon move about north of Derby somewhere (but, like, only 10-15miles north)

RepackRider
    Free Member

2retro4u
    Marin County, Cali

Except for Army service, multiple residences, but all within ten miles of the house where my mother has lived since 1945.

noteeth
    Free Member

Born: Munster British military hospital, Germany. Grew up just outside Wells, Somerset. Mum's family are from Mendip, Dad's from the Quantocks – so anywhere inbetween & thereabouts is "home" to me.

I would dearly love to still be living in my old village – I'll get back there, someday.

can-uk
    Free Member

Places I have lived:

Born and raised in Southern Ontario, Canada
    Moved 4hrs north to Toronto for Uni
    Then moved to the UK. London, Reading..then Oxford, then Marlow…
    Moved to Dubai
    Moved to Riyadh
    Back to Dubai

I am very slowly making my way back to Canada.

Surfr
    Free Member

Born in Toronto. Brought up in Twickenham. Returned to Canada (calgary) to lead canoe expeditions for a couple of summers and have been settled in Aberystwyth mid Wales ever since (14 years). Perfectly settled now. Doubt we will ever leave

s1m0n
    Free Member

Durham
    Hull
    Brussels
    Hull
    Durham
    Birmingham
    London
    Leeds

Viewing 12 posts - 41 through 52 (of 52 total)

The topic ‘Anyone only ever lived in the place where they grew up?’ is closed to new replies.