Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Anyone on here race BMX?
  • bikey
    Free Member

I started racing BMX again in January and wondered if anyone else on here races aswell.

Matt

josh1982
    Free Member

Thinking of getting back into it. Where are you doing it? How you finding it?

dmc
    Free Member

Got back on the bmx 8 years ago when my eldest got into it he’s now 12, my daughter did her first club race last week just turned 4. even though ive not raced for the last year or so still feel the urge ! just bought a new race bike so looking forward to getting back on the gate.
    DC

pop-larkin
    Free Member

My mates just started racing again but he’s doing the old school class and absolutely loves it as there is a really good comaraderie with the guys and he isnt racing aganst 16 year olds…..I’m too scared!!

rhys
    Free Member

Started this year. South west regionals, with my 10 year old. Racing 20 and cruiser class, badly though!

rp16v
    Free Member

did up till last year cracked a rib and put me off alltogether was racing at bristol patchway track.

bikey
    Free Member

I currently race cruiser class (24 inch wheels) and am based down south so race in the Southern Region. I have been racing at my local club races and done a few regionals. I have also been dabling in some Natioanal events. After a 17yr BMX lay off I am currently 33rd in the country in my age group. As the World Championships are being held in Birmingham next year my aim is to be selected to race there as the top 16 in each age group from each country gets invited. Its tough out there as my age group (40-44yrs) is full of talented riders. Some are ex-BMX, Down Hill or 4 Cross past/present champions. I am really getting in to it now. Some riders are really talented and the UK Elite riders are on a totally different level. Things have really moved on from the 80’s and now it totally deserves to be an Olympic sport.

Matt

martinxyz
    Free Member

A few last year i think.Nothing this year,too lazy and cant afford to travel 175 miles to the track.

barrymeredith
    Free Member

raced BMX in bristol during early 90s til about 04 raced a few years of nationals as well, tried coming back last year and did the first two southwest regionals built up a real nice SE quadangle team 20″

But my working hours changed and i cant make races at the moment!

bikey
    Free Member

I am so loving my BMX racing at the moment. I raced today at my local clubs race. I came 5th in the A final. Racing at Redditch National next weekend so need to get my A game on for that!!!

Matt

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Anyone on here race BMX?’ is closed to new replies.