Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 49 total)
  • anyone on here Not voting?
  • ton

and if so why.

loum
    Free Member

Can’t be arsed

😉

MrWoppit
    Free Member

Because Russell Brand said not to. Oh, wait…

rhyswilliams3
    Free Member

a. Don’t like any of them enough to give them my support.
    b. Far too in the dark about certain subjects in order to make any informed decision.
    c. forgot to register in time.

ti_pin_man
    Free Member

I wish there was a box that said:

‘I’d like to vote, I want to vote, but you lot do not represent me’

… I guess thats what the Green party box is for right? 😉

growinglad
    Free Member

Haven’t lived in the UK for 12 years, although I could have, I don’t think it’s right for me to have a say in affairs of a country I don’t live in and won’t for some time to come.

PJM1974
    Free Member

Because I live in a Tory safe seat and the only candidates standing are either Tory, nearly Tory (Lib Dem), insane (UKIP) or a smattering of independents.

iolo
    Free Member

Didn’t you start a thread stating you couldn’t be bothered about this election Ton?
    So why start another thread about the election?

ton

iolo, I just want to know if there any like minded folk like me. and their reasons.
    is that ok with you?

weeksy

Me, I just don’t believe either or indeed any of them are better/worse than the others.

marcus
    Free Member

I doubt I will. – havent done yet and I’m 40. I don’t think i’ll be too influenced by whichever party is in power and I won’t complain whichever way it goes. As such I can only vote on the basis of how ‘others’ will benefit / suffer and it appears that some will win and some will loose – but thats life.

MadPierre

If you don’t think any of them are worth voting for you should at least turn up and write that on the ballot paper: http://www.votenone.org.uk/protest_votes_count.html

Remember millions of people have died over the years so that you still have the right to go write on that piece of paper.

iolo
    Free Member

If you don’t vote that’s your prerogative. The only thing I ask is please don’t start a thread about how shit this country is in a few months as you have the choice now to change it for the better with your cross (hopefully).

weeksy

iolo – Member

If you don’t vote that’s your prerogative. The only thing I ask is please don’t start a thread about how shit this country is in a few months as you have the choice now to change it for the better with your cross (hopefully).

I think the country is great… 🙂

iolo
    Free Member

So put your cross in to keep it the way you like it. Int democracy brilliant?

binners

If you don’t vote, you forfeit your right to moan. And I bloody love moaning me. 😀

Susie
    Free Member

+1 to Mad Pierre, I’ve done this before. I’m not voting this time though as I’ve been out of the county for most of the year. I think my mum and dad may have put me on the electoral register at their address, but I’m currently on the south coast (only got back to uk yesterday) and not planning to be back in the midlands until later this month, so won’t be able to.

fasthaggis

Your not voting will make a difference . 😉

PJM1974
    Free Member

If you don’t think any of them are worth voting for you should at least turn up and write that on the ballot paper

Oh I completely intend to do this. My vote is precious and I cherish it, but if none of the local candidates represent my views then I shall deposit one spoiled ballot paper. I’m certainly not going to put my mark on a ballot paper next to a candidate just for the sake of it, I’ve voted for a party twice and both times the end result was a long way from what the manifesto promised.

If we ever do go down the route of compulsory voting, then we need to ensure that the “None of the above” votes are counted and the reasons why they occur to be understood.

ads678

you have the choice now to change it for the better

That depends on where you live and if you agree with most people that also live in you area……..

Northwind

I am. But tbh I’m in an incredibly luxurious situation where there’s 2 parties and candidates I could support and one of them is definitely going to get in. I spent half my life tactical voting so being able to just go “This is what I actually want” in a fptp election is a nice change. It does mean that from my point of view my vote’s no longer as important as it once was but that’s good in a way.

(I actually feel pretty bad in a way, my Labour candidate is a top boy and deserves better)

PimpmasterJazz
    Free Member

If you don’t vote, you forfeit your right to moan. And I bloody love moaning me.

+1 😀

tomhoward

If you don’t think any of them are worth voting for you should at least turn up and write that on the ballot paper

If a massive cock is worth drawing, it’s worth drawing on a ballot paper.

Pickers

I’m not inclined to vote as I’m sick and tired of pre-election promises evaporating after the time.
    I do, however, think there should be a “none of the above” box. There needs to be a clear difference between “I’m deliberately abstaining” and “I can’t be arsed to turn up” otherwise we’re all lumped into the latter

fasthaggis

I feel the same Northwind,this is only the second time in my life that I have not voted Labour ,they are going to get such a kicking.

ohnohesback
    Free Member

Yes. I refuse to participte in the fiction the UK is a democracy.

tomhoward

There needs to be a clear difference between “I’m deliberately abstaining” and “I can’t be arsed to turn up” otherwise we’re all lumped into the latter

see my previous post.

as someone on here said. 80% turnout with 50% of the ballot papers spoiled is far and away better than a 40% turnout.

stevious

I sympathise with those struggling to find a party to vote for, especially given our terrible electoral system.

I do feel that even in this broken system the opportunity to vote is too precious to squander and am determined to put my mark against a candidate on a ballot paper. I chose a candidate based on https://voteforpolicies.org.uk/ and I’ll vote for them regardless of the chance of them getting in.

Is my vote wasted? No. No vote is totally wasted – a party/canditate’s legitimacy at the next election will be judged on Thursday’s results. The only way to stop your seat being a ‘safe’ seat is to vote for who you feel represents you best.

camo16
    Free Member

Remember millions of people have died over the years so that you still have the right to go write on that piece of paper.

Millions? Here in the UK? Who? I seem to remember some old rebellion over suffrage (forgot the name of it), plus some suffragettes of course.

That’s the argument that boils my piss. It’s a moral obligation to vote because people – not millions, but some – died in the cause of suffrage.

Do I really owe my vote to these people?

Or, should the politicians have a responsibility not to be lying self-aggrandising ass-wipes? I go with the latter argument.

I’ve almost never voted because I loathe the political process we have, plus I live in a safe Labour seat so there’s no damn point voting anyway. Still, I’ll do the standard leftie protest crap and vote Green.

tomhoward

I think the millions that died in a couple of trifling diosagreements in 1914 and 1939 are the ones being referred to, camo.

camo16
    Free Member

Those wars were over our right to vote in the UK, tomhoward? Crap, I thought one was about the European balance of power/arms race leading to mass conflict and the other one was about fascism. 😳

Neither war was fought on the basis of British suffrage, is my point. That the Germans might have won and – at least after the second one – taken this country over is not quite the same thing.

binners

Yes. I refuse to participte in the fiction the UK is a democracy.

That’ll show the bastards eh?!!!

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

smug mode ‘on’: Live abroad , couldn’t care less about what happens as it’s much better here: ‘off’

tomhoward

Fascist dictators being famed for their love of democracy?

camo16
    Free Member

Fascism being famed for it’s love of democracy?

Nope, 1930s/40s fascism having very little to do with the cause of suffrage in the UK, particularly its moral aspect.

DezB
    Free Member

It’s like choosing between a kick in the balls, a sharp stick in the eye or a fag burn on the inner thigh.. which would I hate the least?

Andy-R

Not eligible to, as fortunately I don’t live in the UK. Unfortunately though, all the UK policies will affect me one way or another.

PJM1974
    Free Member

Put it this way, if the amount of remuneration a politician earns is directly an inverse of the number of ballot papers with “None of the above” counted, then I daresay that democracy would function far better.

tomhoward

So let’s assume that no one opposed the nazis. who would you be voting for on Thursday?

camo16
    Free Member

So let’s assume that no one opposed the nazis. who would you be voting for on Thursday?

Ah, the game of arguing from outcomes, eh?

Okay, I’ll play Rudi Völler.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 49 total)

The topic ‘anyone on here Not voting?’ is closed to new replies.