Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Anyone on here have a Orange Gyro at all?
  • teadrinker
    Free Member

I’m looking for some real world feedback please.

Thanks

chestrockwell
    teadrinker
    Free Member

thanks chestrockwell. There is one on Pinkbike I keep spying on.

SimonR

Love mine – I got it as an ex-Orange Demo bike so it was a bit of a bargain at the time.

I’ve had it for about 18 months now and done all sorts of riding. For the Alps and big Scottish or Lakeland days out I’ll go for something with more travel, bigger tyres and slacker angles. However for local rides, big pedally days out, multi-day rides and trail centres it’s a really fun bike. Even when the going gets rough the big wheels carry speed well – it’s only on really nasty sustained stuff that it gets into trouble.

A couple of other threads to look at …

http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/orange-gyro-test-warning-29er-content

http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/anyone-ride-an-orange-gyro

Bregante

Love mine too. I generally only have one mountain bike at a time so it has to do a bit of everything apart from DH. Over the years I’ve gone through various 140mm 26″ FS bikes and 26″ and 29″ hardtails but usually moved them on after a year or so in search of something else. I’ve had the Gyro just coming up to two years now and for me I’ve found my ideal bike (running 130 mm forks on mine).

I haven’t considered another fs bike since I got mine and it’ll be here for the foreseeable future.

In its natural habitat.

breninbeener

Hi, i have one and i have had it for a year. Its been my go to bike during that period, even though i have other bikes that look more appealing on paper.

I have just emailed you about the Sherpa quandary you have!

regards

Ian

jonk

i’ve had mine since 2013 and its by far the best bike i’ve owned. I have an Alpine and did have a five and its my go to bike for almost all trails bar my yearly trip to the alps. Recently test rode a segment but the TT is too long and the head angle is too slack for an every day bike like my Gyro. Mine is upgraded with CC Inline and few other parts which make it sweeter. The only gripe is the BB is quite low which means quite a few rock strikes.

sparkingchains
    Free Member

I’d much rather have a segment. Orange struggled a bit selling them off from what I heard hence why they knocked the price down so cheap to sell them off. A friend broke the area where the rear brake attaches to the swingarm simply through normal use. My guess is it cracked first without him knowing and then failed completely. Orange have replaced it under warranty and given him a free re-spray – pretty good service but shame it happened in the first place.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Anyone on here have a Orange Gyro at all?’ is closed to new replies.