Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • Anyone on EE for mobile? Experiences?
  • stevious

Am moving off O2 because their network around here is terrible. It looks like EE have the best coverage here but I’ve just received a PAYG SIM from them and am having a right pain even getting it to add some credit and their iPhone app is junk.

Are they going to continue to be a bit crap or is tonight’s experience likely to be a blip?

northernmatt

The app is bobbins if it’s the same as the android one. I don’t use it but then I’m on pay monthly so it’s not as important for me. I’ve found them pretty good to be honest but I’ve been with them for years (as Orange before).

Yak

I’ve run a business contract through them and the service has been very good. Always quick when I call up for technical help and always get a new handset in the post for the following morning whenever its failed. Only changing to Vodafone now as the coverage round me is v poor. Previous locations were good though.

ianmoody
    Free Member

Been with EE for years, never had any issues with the network but last time i remember trying to navigate the online account it was shite. I’m on a contract so not really an issue though, not tried the app either.

stevious

All good to know. I’m trying them out on PAYG for a while until I’m happy enough with the coverage to get a contract.

rob2
    Free Member

I’ve been with EE for years (used to work for t-mobile and before that one 2 one putting in the 3G network).

Coverage is technically good but it’s **** shite with an iPhone 5 or above. Call connection can be poor, call drop is frequent. It’s an iPhone issue so if you have another phone it will be better.

Our company had the same iPhone experience for all employees so we changed to vodaphone. It wasn’t a local coverage issue as I’m in London and the southwest and other employees in London and East Anglian and Yorkshire. We might have been massively unlucky but on experience I’d use EE but not on an iPhone (I’m still on EE as an ex employee but changed my phone).

You might be luckier though!

Long rambling answer!

bikebob

Mrs has been with ee / t mobile for years. Coverage and network is very good, using an I phone. Customer service is absolutely dismall. All ok up until upgrade time then it all falls apart. I suppose you can’t have it all. Shame they can’t get the customer service bit right.

wrightyson
    Free Member

SS, more like! As in sometimes something! Been an orange customer for over 15 years. The signal and 3G over the last year had got progressively worse!

johnnywhitesox
    Free Member

Horrendous, I organised 20 handsets for engineers at work last September. We work nationwide in most populated areas with our engineers and coverage was at best weak. Loads of missed call texts, no signal, call drops on various handsets…….we give users a choice of what phone they want so it wasn’t related to a particular handset.
    Complained to our supplier who agreed to release us from the contract and moved us over to Vodaphone Gamma in February for no charge to us .
    I think we were victims of the EE 3G to 4G mast upgrade where lots were switched off during the upgrade.

acidchunks

currently pissing me off as they won’t transfer my 3G orange contract to 4G with EE without handing me a whopping bill despite the fact they’re the same damn company/network and I’ve been with them for 12 years. Oh and the contract would restart at 24 months which pushes my handset upgrade back 18 months (I’m 6 months away at present). Given the handset cost is included in the monthly tariff its downright cheeky. [/rant]

Customer service isn’t bad, I’ve had worse but the call queues are long and they don’t offer support by email.

Pickers

I moved to EE/TMobile as sim only contract when my O2 contract finished.
    The switch was spot on, coverage much better for me at home and work.
    Not used/ needed any support so can’t comment on that, suffice to say I don’t miss O2 not even a little bit.

somouk
    Free Member

I moved from O2 to EE as I had issues with the signal and general price rises/customer service.

EE so far has been excellent on all fronts.

ChubbyBlokeInLycra
    Free Member

Was with Orange for over 10 years and, until last year both coverage and customer service were excellent. Since then, where coverage os still ok, I’ve had dealings with custemer service and it’s amongst the worst I’ve ever had to deal with. trying to stop cold calls, you need to contact in writing and have a record of the request – but no email addresses. That’ll be why they top the polls as “worst” and “most complained about” mobile operators. I’ll be binning them as soon as this contract ends

molgrips
    Free Member

I’m on EE, not had many problems, but then I am not a demanding customer. I seem to get great loyalty benefits too. Coverage is good for me.

coolhandluke
    Free Member

Mrs CHL is on EE, likes throughm, never had an issue with them.

I’m on O2 and will consider EE next time as my contract started at £30 a month but 18 months in its more like £40 a month. Feeling robbed

bwfc4eva868
    Free Member

Been with Orange then T Mobile and now EE. Not a bad word to say about them. Always helpful when I’ve rung up. Signal is very good, full 4G here in Darwen, signal drops to H+ and 3 bars at my Mum’s. But she lives in the countryside.
    Only time I don’t get signal is in Theatre/Recovery at work which is no big deal.

ricky1
    Free Member

Been with them since it went from orange,they are fine,they are actually doing quite a good broadband deal for existing customers at the moment,Staff are persistent and won’t let you go until a problem is sorted which is good,I had a problem with a new contract SIM card which they sorted out for me,I think the staff have a good training base to deal with customers unlike other “computer says no” fob off companies.

hexhamstu
    Free Member

EE tell me that the easiest way to check my data usage is on the mobile app. The mobile app always tells me that “the data is not available”. Then I get random texts telling me I have used all my data allowance, 2 days into the month.

Coverage is great though.

sandwicheater

Coming from O2 where the cover in my home area was non-existent (Huddersfield) I’ve been pleased. No problems and coming up to 2 years. Will happily stay with them come renewal.

Never used the app and I only use 3g

acidchunks

Hexhamstu,

I’ve found My Data Manager is a pretty good app for keeping track of data usage. You can set alerts and view how much data is being used by individual apps.

acidchunks

Double post edit.

khani
    Free Member

Please hold, your call is very important to us [insert shite music here] please hold..all our representatives are busy at the moment please hold [insert more shite music] please hold…
    Please hold, your call is very important to us [insert shite music here] please hold..all our representatives are busy at the moment please hold [insert more shite music] please hold…

Pieface

I moved from EE to O2 due to coverage at my new address.

Only issue we had (both me and my wife) is that they said we’d exceeded our mobile data limit regularly, despite hardly using it (mostly using Wi-fi, various usage monitors confirming our side of the story). After a number of complaints they suddenly stopped.

stevious

Got my top-up issue sorted and have realised that the app is very much not the way to go. I think it might be coded in PASCAL or something.

Took the new SIM for a bike ride and was amazed to be able to do something as simple as sending a text message while out & about. Not something I could do on O2.

THanks for your advice everyone!

mt
    Free Member

EE is the only service we have in our area and it fails at some point almost everyday.

mrmonkfinger
    Free Member

Have been with EE (as Orange) for some years.

They were generally quite reliable, but I was fairly undemanding. The mobile worked, the mobile data worked, everything was grand.

So if you’d asked me a year or so ago, I would say they’re alright.

Recently added home broadband (~1 yr back).

Massive fail to get it working when connecting (took near six weeks with me chasing it all that time – in hindsight, probably should have taken that as a sign).

Massive fail on customer service front, when they had to sort things out after we lost our physical connection (technical problems mainly due to BT Reacharound it has to be said, but EE failed many many times to contact us to let us know what was happening).

I can sum it up thusly:
    * Every call to customer service starts with fiteen minutes of holding, folled by someone reading a script over a noisy connection to a centre in bangalore.
    * If your problem is ongoing, expect to describe a whole lot of times to someone who inevitably passes you on.

I don’t blame anyone working in the call centre for this (after all they’re just doing their job of filtering out the stupidity leaks), that’s entirely the fault of EE customer service in general for never, ever, following up a problem or complaint. They were so far beyond shit it wasn’t funny.

After that, I’ve already moved my mobile to Voda. Soon to be moving landline & broadband, probably back to Sky.

Bikingcatastrophe
    Free Member

Been with Orange for a loooong time now. They were pretty good when I first took out a contract (20 years ago??). The last few years I have been finding that their plans are getting worse and worse for value when compared to others. This contract ends in December and it is quite likely we will move away. The only thing that really kept us last time was Orange Wednesdays. My work phone is on Orange so we will still get that perk, but personal phone will change. The kids are both on contracts with 3 and from a phone and plan perspective they have been pretty good. Generally very good coverage, al you can eat data and now 4G where it is available. Knocks Orange out of the park. The only down side with 3 is the customer service which is a bit meh, but then have hardly had to deal with them at all, so not much of an issue.

jambalaya
    Free Member

Absolutely terrible, trying to get away from them and they are making it very difficult. Requested an unlock code for my phone, have been charged £20 and a month later they still have not responded (it should take 2-3 days).

I would recommend three – I have checked out their coverage which is excellent in the areas I care about and the 3G data speed is multiple times that of EE and you get 4G free if you are in 4G area (eg all of London)

Philby

Been with Orange for years and went to EE earlier this year when my Orange 3G contract came up for renewal. The 4G contract with EE is cheaper than my 3G Orange contract. Service is good and coverage and reception are much better than friends on O2 or Vodafone. I live in Bristol where EE have an HQ so maybe that’s why coverage is good.

Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)

The topic ‘Anyone on EE for mobile? Experiences?’ is closed to new replies.