Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • anyone moved house latley? how much is removals ?
  • renton
    Free Member

just wondering if anyone on here had moved house recently and had to pay removals costs ?

if so how much did it cost roughly??

not had to pay myself as the RAF has normally paid but my next move ive got to pay for and have no idea on how much it does cost.

cheers

steve

SprocketJockey
    Free Member

Depends on the size of the house and distance being moved. We’re moving from Kent to Devon and ours is a 3 bed house. We’ve had 4 quotes so far with a massive range between them – cheapest was £1100 – most expensive was £1800 😯

gavtheoldskater
    Free Member

definitely haggle, especially with the big boys. the house market is slow and they are after work.

when we moved, 3yrs ago, i called pickfords first and got a quote for them to pack me and move me. then called some smaller local guys and got their price for just moving. about 3 or 400 difference i think. then called pickfords back and without any effort they beat my lowest quote. as the guy said, if they have no move that day the van and the men just sit there and are still paid.

Pickers

How far are you moving? We ordered a heap of boxes, sticky tape and marker pens, hired a 7.5 tonne wagon and did it ourselves. Make sure you get a tail lift! Total cost less than £200 to move about 40miles.

totalshell

“1200 they packed and unpacked evrything every knife fork and spoon talking to the lads they get 60 quid a day ( 3 of them two day job) 4 bedroom detached 50 miles.. they travalled 60 miles to get to us in the first place. we went shopping while they packed and had nice lunch down the pub diy is much cheaper, but take life easy theres no prizes for finishing it early!

Haribo
    Free Member

£600 including them packing the whole place up for us the day before (which was £150 extra and the best money spent EVER)

maybe offer cash for a ~20% discount……..

was <10mile move in a BIG lorry, mileage shouldnt cost that much extra.

avdave2

talking to the lads they get 60 quid a day

Which explains why you haven’t found everything yet. 🙂

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘anyone moved house latley? how much is removals ?’ is closed to new replies.