Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Anyone lost a Santa Cruz, West Mids area?
  • MrGFisher
    Free Member

Stopped at a Supermarket near Darlaston, West Mids on my travels today for a paper and noticed a bike that just looked wrong. I think its a couple of years old black Santa Cruz frame, but im not really up on SC. It had old Hope V2 brakes (not tech levers), Truativ Cranks, Easton Bars. They’d taken the seat post and saddle out and locked it to a trolley stand with a wire cable lock. Looked a large size and in decent condition.

The strange thing was the whole frame was covered up with black gaffer tape, including head badge and fork legs apart from the rear fox shock (if i hadn’t have noticed that, i wouldn’t have looked twice) and it had high viz type things on every single spoke. It may well be genuine and just disguised as a dog to prevent theft, but its a bit OTT for a rat bike to run to the shops on or a commuter. I just thought id share in case someone is missing it. Think only two wheels in Stourbridge sells SC any where near.

I took a couple of quick photo’s on my phone but i don’t have the facility to put them on my computer and upload them. I’ll happily MMS them to anyone who wants to see the bike, or who can maybe put them up. Email in profile.

Cheers.

foxyrider
    Free Member

I guess it not this one?

or this description?

BIKE 6

Santa Cruz Blur XC, XL size

Colour – black with silver

Shock – FOX RP23 shock

Forks – Fox F100 RLC

SRAM XO 2×10 drivetrain

Formula The One brakes not shop so prob not 🙁

Thomson Masterpiece seatpost

Easton EC90 bars

EA90 stem

DT Swiss XR400 wheelset on DT240 / Chubb hub

http://www.cyclistno1.co.uk/news/bikes-stolen-at-the-black-mountains.htm

MrGFisher
    Free Member

Hi, no, thats not it. The rear end is different. The shock is mounted similarly but the chain stays curve downward to a pivot on the down tube on this one. Think it was a Heckler?

Adam, two photo’s sent.

MrGFisher
    Free Member

Here it is…

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Anyone lost a Santa Cruz, West Mids area?’ is closed to new replies.