Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Anyone local to Cheshunt? – advice on eatery required
  • sing1etrack

Staying close to Cheshunt tomorrow night with the missus and could do with somewhere decent to go for a meal in/around the town (will have car so can travel within reason) – nothing too flash, just decent atmosphere and food. Any recommendations? Ta!

Bimbler
    Free Member

Kinds of local in Hertford – all I can say is there are lots of restaurants in Hertford

My recommends would be, if you want ethnic go to Baan Thitiya (the other Thai restaurant is closed for refurbishment), if you want modern British type affair I've heard lots of good things about The Bluecoat. My own preference for a relaxed bite is Lussmans. The only one to swerve ime would be Bollywoods, unless you like a loud dressy Indian restaurant with average food and cursory service.

Prolly worth booking wherever you go as Hertford gets very busy at the weekend.

chakaping
    Free Member

Yes, but I certainly wouldn't recommend going out for a meal in Cheshunt on a weekend evening. Unless you want average curry or Chinese and possibly a fight.

The Sun at Northaw is a nice upmarket pub restaurant with well above average food. Starters are better than puds though.

Otherwise I'd follow Bimbler's advice and go to Hertford, which also has a good real ale pub the Old Cross Tavern.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Anyone local to Cheshunt? – advice on eatery required’ is closed to new replies.