• This topic has 5 replies, 5 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by a11y.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Anyone leasing a van (for personal use)?
  • legend
    Free Member

Looking into various (approx 2,540) different options for vehicles due to change in circumstance (extra child, possibly less employment). Having had a Caddy then Vito then Transporter we’re still keen to have a van. This then led me to having a look at leasing, needing a Kombi/Crew type setup (rear seats) and it seems really expensive!

Has anyone here ever found a decent deal? Or is it just not really a thing for vans?

allfankledup

Some folk on the t5 forums recommend Swiss Vans. Personally I don’t want a lease – I buy vehicles and then run them forever so buy them outright. Re being expensive – they are generally ! Looking at the cost of a replacement for my 08 van makes me wince – will be keeping it..

jam-bo

put seats/windows in the van you have?

chakaping
    Free Member

If less employment is likely to equal less money, I’d consider buying a decent used van outright.

Did that four years ago when earning well and I’m glad I did now my income is lower.

legend
    Free Member

jam bo – Member

put seats/windows in the van you have?

It’s a company van, specifically the Mrs’ company van and it’s unlikely she’s going to stay in her current job (lots of travelling). The current van is a T5 Kombi, so would be absolutely perfect otherwise.

chakaping – Member

If less employment is likely to equal less money, I’d consider buying a decent used van outright.

Yeah that was my initial idea, was just wondering if there were ever deals in van world to match the car ones that seem to come along every so often.

a11y

Leasing doesn’t suit my circumstances – tend to keep vehicles longer, inevitably make changes/modifications along the way which aren’t possible with leased.

We’re ex-T5 owners. Couldn’t justify cost of a new T6 Kombi and instead gone for a Transit Custom equivalent (“DCIV” = double-cab-in-van). Private use and buying outright. Working out £23k-ish (list price over £30k, discounts seem the norm for these) vs £36k-ish for the equivalent specced T6 Kombi. Yes worse residuals but overall cost over XXX years will still be less for us. Maybe worth a look for you?

Also looked at Vauxhall Vivaro double-cabs too as some outstanding deals (<£19k inc VAT when I looked) on pre-reg ones if you don’t mind 2+1 front seat and barn doors. We wanted individual passenger seat and a tailgate and factory order price was near identical to the Transit.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Anyone leasing a van (for personal use)?’ is closed to new replies.