Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 119 total)
  • Anyone know this car – Southampton University Hospital. Bad parking consequences
  • WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

The person in the house behind felt bad, tried to get driven to the hospital but was blocked in by a lady driving this car. You can see the results 3 hours later.

VW Polo AG 58 FVD

Displaying a Southampton University parking permit, not valid where she was parked even if she wasn’t blocking two dropped curbs.

[url=https://flic.kr/p/HD4q9L]20160611_212038[/url] by WCA!, on Flickr

nixie

What an arse!

MartynS

Drag it out of the way then hammer nails into the tyres.

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

Woman driver, 3rd time she has done it apparently

Permit number 17004 G

Email sent to University Press office

Neighbour taken away in the ambulance

Gary_C

Smash drivers window, handbrake off, roll it back up to the Fiesta, then drive the Note out of drive?

jambalaya
    Free Member

Owner comes back to find all 4 tyres mysteriously deflated. The French are quite brutal aboit this, the car would have been keyed extensively.

Superficial
    Free Member

I would just stick that photo on the windscreen. Or tied to a brick on the front seat. Massively dick move.

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

Photo on the windscreen is already done!!

Email to Southampton Univercity Press officer :

I do not know who this permit holder is but apparently it is a female. The VW Polo AG58FVD has parked across these peoples drives three times previously. Those times it was inconvenient. This time it was more serious. One of the people she had blocked in felt unwell but was unable to get taken to the hospital due to her inconsiderate parking. After collapsing and three hours later an ambulance also had to work around her car.

I will wait until Monday morning before this goes out across the whole of social media and to any publicity device I have access to so hopefully you and her will have a chance to react.

I am not sure if, or how, this will end positively but if you and the whole of Southampton University use this as an opportunity to apologise and promote considerate parking I suspect something might be achieved.

Anything I can LEGALLY do that will cause even a fraction of the inconvenience she has caused?

The first thought was chock up the car and take the wheels off but all wheels have security bolts.

No handy timber to chock up the car.

Do NOT want to break glass, slash tyres etc.

SAFE, LEGAL but bloody inconvenient when she gets back to the car in the next hour or so

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

SAFE, LEGAL but bloody inconvenient when she gets back to the car in the next hour or so

Valve caps off, deflate.

No actual damage, relatively easy to fix, good message sent.

DrP

Neighbour’s and your car an inch in front and behind.
    Trap her in.

DrP

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Neighbour’s and your car an inch in front and behind.

Also good.

lerk
    Free Member

I was about to suggest a skip in place of your car!

stumpy01

I believe deflating the tyres is not considered illegal as you have not damaged anything….

Whether that’s an internet myth or not, I am not sure.

I have always wanted to wrap a car in clingfilm around the doors and underneath….round and round and round….

Banana in tailpipe? Worked for Axel Foley…!

singletrackmind

You must have a trolley jack. Jack it up and send it on its way down the hill.
    remove valve cores
    dog poo under door handles
    garlic oil into fresh air intake below windscreen
    expanding foam up the exhaust
    Wrap it up in a roll of heat shrink plastic , then heat shrink it

chewkw
    Free Member

Very simple get Southampton University to withdraw their parking permit to that car or that person.

Provided Southampton University is willing to co-operate.

No damage to the car necessary.

Now the person has to take a bus or a taxi or pay for expensive parking somewhere else for the inconvenience caused.

If Uni is not going to do anything then go through all the suggestions …

MartynS

+1 for doc P suggestion.
    Block it in

jambalaya
    Free Member

Yup, too late to deflate typres. Block her in so she cannot move (then say car owner has gone out with their keys) and then have a many local residents as possible come out and speak to her about her inconsiderate parking. If she gets stressed and calls the police so be it, you can put your point to them too.

garage-dweller

For future reference the Police will (or always used to) attend and move it if it is blocking access to the highway on a dropped kerb. They will also ticket.

In the circumstances you describe I’m sure they would have done something to assist.

By the way it’s not Monday yet. 😉

zippykona

If memory serves me correct you can pull the door handle out and you can flick out the the little bit that connects handle to lock. She won’t be going anywhere unless she climbs through the boot.
    Simple fix if you know what’s wrong, a pain in the arse if you don’t.
    Edit …

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

For future reference the Police will (or always used to) attend and move it if it is blocking access to the highway on a dropped kerb. They will also ticket.

About three or four reasonably strong people could have moved it enough as well.

Frankenstein
    Free Member

Or report it to the traffic Police.

No need to go down to driver’s level.

garage-dweller

Cfh that’s fair comment although I believe that the (old?) approach of asp/truncheon through the side window followed by a fixed penalty sends a better “explanation” to the driver especially if it’s raining that day.

It also removes the risk of residents getting in trouble for accidental damage to it.

Edukator
    Free Member

The French are quite brutal aboit this, the car would have been keyed extensively.

Nope, house owners don’t want their windows smashed or shit in their letter box. I do have a trolley jack though and a no parking sign on the gate.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

I believe that the (old?) approach of asp/truncheon through the side window followed by a fixed penalty sends a better “explanation” to the driver especially if it’s raining that day.

Yellow rain? 😉

zippykona

How about a good old fashioned potato up the exhaust pipe?

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

Police notified. They tried to phone the owners number but no reply. Will try again on Monday.

A bit of low tack easy remove masking tape
    [url=https://flic.kr/p/H8NCy2]20160611_222629[/url] by WCA!, on Flickr

[url=https://flic.kr/p/H8Pgip]20160611_223526[/url] by WCA!, on Flickr

The second one shows the Fiesta parked up to the dropped kerb and her directly across it.

We are waiting for her return. The other blocked in neighbour has to go to London at 7am so the car will be gone in the morning.

All SAFE and LEGAL

Watch this space

thegreatape
    Free Member

I’d go for blocking it in. Suppose you let the tyres down and she doesn’t notice – perfectly possible given how mindless she evidently is – and ends up crashing and hurting someone.

Edukator
    Free Member

It could have been stolen and abandoned.

jambalaya
    Free Member

Nope

You don’t live in Paris. Maybe I should have been more specific for non reformed Trolls.

Junkyard
    Free Member

Block it in is the best option and then explain how dreadful that is for her but explain the neighbours story with phots
    Wish her luck finding the owners of said cars in the nest three or four days

Leave

pictonroad

Police won’t move it. I’ve had cars blocking access for cranes delivering material for flood relief, all the police will do is door knock, not their area of interest. Fire and rescue will bounce a car willingly, it’s difficult to stop them.

You’ve got a Ranger haven’t you WCA? Stick it in low range and drag it to another road.

King-ocelot
    Free Member

Neighbour at my old house used to always block me in. A mate informed me if you drive very carefully up to the bumper you can push the car out of the way very slowly, it worked. I also put a for sale sign in it and his mobile number (the window was slightly open) he didn’t do it again.

bluearsedfly
    Free Member

4×4 and skull drag it up the street.

Then a hoof in the slats.

scaredypants

Not clear whether you think its uni or hospital staff WCA but make sure you tahget the right organisation. If it’s hospital staff as title suggests I can’t see why she’s not parked on-site, given the permit (and a half empty hospital as we’re all skiving off at home ( /JHunt))

scaredypants

<puts on wig and does make up ready for end of shift>

😳

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

The ‘truck nudge’ option might be there at 7:00am but gently to cause leat damage

martinhutch

Lot of organisations will issue more permits than they have spaces. I imagine it is hospital staff, given the hour.

Contacting HR or the chief exec’s office at the trust may be more fruitful, copying in the details to the local rag.

Harry_the_Spider

I thought that the police would have it moved if it blocked a drive.

Edukator
    Free Member

No, you should avoid making sweeping statements that are simply untrue, Jamba. Cars get kicked and keyed in the same circumstances as in the UK. As retribution for anti-social behavior when there’s no chance of revenge.

I got blocked in my parking place in the ski resort by a dorifor (far more anti-social than any inhabitants of the capital) who left a message in his windscreen with my reg number on it threatening revenge if anything happened to his car. I didn’t need my car so didn’t get it towed away but edit 😉

King-ocelot
    Free Member

MOT history shows it only does around 3k a year. Don’t know why that is of interest im just a nosey sod.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 119 total)

The topic ‘Anyone know this car – Southampton University Hospital. Bad parking consequences’ is closed to new replies.