Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Anyone know much about the Turner Burner?
  • rickon
    Free Member

Hi Chaps,

I’ve been spending a while thinking about what I want from my next bike, and possibly the Burner ticks the right boxes. I’ve had a DW Flux, which was awesome, possibly the best handling bike I’ve had but the CS clearance with abysmal, and the shock too short.

My concern with the Burner is the long TT, 619mm for a large… I usually ride with a 600mm ETT, which is what the medium is. But, that’s a 17″ seat tube, which will most likely be too low for my Reverb minimum insertion.

Does anyone have an opinion on this, or help? I’ve ridden 610mm ETTs before on my race bikes, which were fine, but isn’t 619mm gonne be a bit boat like?

Cheers

Ricks

Hob-Nob
    Free Member

There was a review recently of the new Burner which seemed to be nothing but praise.

I don’t think it’s any different from the current crop of AM bikes that have a longer front-centre to increase stability.

I ride a bike with a longer like for like TT (also low, slack & short chain stays) and I really like it.

pinetree
    Free Member

There was a full-build one on display at Core Bike- it looks awesome!

convert

Flux here too and Burner does tempt me. My bikes are a bit trigger’s broom like (never have a totally new one, it just constantly evolves as bits are swapped in) and changing frames to a 650b would mean binning two sets of wheels I have for the Flux so I’m happy to keep with what I’ve got and wait to see if 650b is here to stay before splashing out.

dickie
    Free Member

5’11” & ride a Large DW Flux (607mm eff TT) with a 90mm stem, therefore I would consider riding a Large Burner with an 80mm stem.
    I can see why it would be a problem for you.
    I saw somewhere that DT had designed the Burner to follow the current trend for long front centre short stem bikes.

£1696 for a new raw Burner Frame is a lot better then previuos years pricing too.

mactheknife

Turner Burner

Lots of info on this thread and others in this section 🙂

rickon
    Free Member

Cheers chaps, yes I used to have a large Flux too, with a 70mm stem – but it didn’t feel too big at all, so maybe the larger TT with a 60mm stem would be fine…

It’s one of those bikes that will be hard to demo, and where I am hard to sit on one too!

mudmonster
    Free Member

Been thinking about a burner for when I eventually break my flux. Started to feel kind of inadequate with all this bigger wheel=better talk.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Anyone know much about the Turner Burner?’ is closed to new replies.