Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 1,336 total)
  • IWH aka Lee Anderson – Goods supplied?
  • mrman
    Free Member

noticed a post a few days looking for IWH (also known as Lee Anderson) i bought an iphone from him on the 16/4 which im still waiting on recieving. ive had a few emails from him explaining some personal issues etc and i just wondered if anyone has actually recieved their goods or just a load of excuses? Its been nearly a month now and although he says he is posting it to arrive today ive not heard anything from him since. too many excuses i feel!

fatblokeattheback
    Free Member

Still waiting here.

Got an email yesterday saying item will be posted either late yesterday
    or today.

mrman
    Free Member

bit worrying because although his emails seem to make sense it really doesnt take nearly a month to send stuff. I guess it helps that im not alone in this! im £225 down, but i know some “people” in plymouth who can help if needed

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

We don’t need poeple like this on the Classifides. It operates on trust and if you can’t post the item within a day or two then DON’T OFFER IT FOR SALE IN THE FIRST PLACE. A month is taking the mickey.
    It’s the work of minutes to wrap and post stuff. YOU are the one making the money and it’s YOUR responsibilty to see the buyer is happy. It’s not rocket science and ‘personal issues’ simply don’t cut it. (Your own death excepted)

Sorry to get on my high horse but I feel rather strongly about this. I buy and sell a few bits on here (I’m currently in the process of selling a bike) and I try my level best to make sure the buyer is 100% happy. All this sort of thing does is make others wary. The buyer is King. It’s their hard-earned your messing with.

Rant over.

TheLittlestHobo
    Free Member

The guy has arranged a biking get together over on BM. Coaches, accomodation, the lot.

He does seem to be unexplainably lax with regards to his selling etc but always seems to pop back up with a reason for his lateness etc.

Personally, i agree with Peterpoddy, the classifieds doesnt need this kinda lax attitude.

mrman
    Free Member

yeah he has given good reasons but no product!

tinribz
    Free Member

-£35 here, been nearly 2 months with only emails to show for it.

bigyinn
    Free Member

Wonder if the mods are able to introduce some sort of reputation system on here?
    Might help buyers / sellers make an informed decision on who they are dealing with, but how and by whom would it be administered?

TheLittlestHobo
    Free Member

I am not doing it as i have no beef BUT you guys will be well served to look up the thread i mentioned and post on there. IWH does look into BM more often and it will jolly him up to have a few people chasing him on his thread.

Someone did it lately and got a quick reply.

thepodge
    Free Member

if anyone knows how to trace Mikey_M (michael mcmahon) that would be handy too. only 1 person from this STW Classifieds thread HERE has so far received their stuff & he’s stopped replying to emails.

earlier some of the more generous people on here had give him money in this STW thread HERE so it leaves an especially bitter taste in the mouth

Jamie
    Free Member

thepodge:

earlier some of the more generous people on here had give him money in this STW thread HERE so it leaves an especially bitter taste in the mouth

That begging thread was such a honey trap tho, and all us who called it such got called cynical and negative. Fool and his money etc etc.

thepodge
    Free Member

yeah, had I read that thread first I’d have thought twice about buying anything off him. unfortunatly I seem to have indirectly added to his fund.

fatblokeattheback
    Free Member

Well, lets see if anything turns up this week!

ziggy
    Free Member

Second what PP says if you can’t deliver in a week max don’t bother selling!

As for Mikey M he’s a cheeky ****, if/when I find his address I will post it on here even if I get banned for it, I decently gave him a couple of quid, alright so I can live without it but that’s just taking the piss.

thepodge
    Free Member

Ziggy, if you find it I’d be happy to receive it by email to save you any hassle. my stuff off him was only £30, not enough to bust his knee caps but I still need those bits

mrman
    Free Member

2 months is a long time, im getting worried now! He does email back with rather long excuses all the time but after nearly a month im getting very annoyed. Does anyone have an address for him and has anyone actually recently received anything from him they bought? my email is luke(at)hodgemail(dot)co(dot)uk anything the mods can do to help?

also anyone got a link to the bikemagic section?

mrman
    Free Member

is he “Mr Wilson” on bikemagic?

IWH
    Free Member

Mr Man /Luke – I emailed you earlier today in response to your email to me.

Fat Bloke At the back – You’ve had emails explaining what’s going on here (which I don’t want to discuss on the open forum)

Tinribz – you ignored my last post on the other thread looking for me and haven’t replied to the direct email I sent you. Like I said on the other thread and in the email – if there’s an issue and you don’t reply to me I CAN’T FIX IT!

IWH
    Free Member

But you’re quite right. What’s happening in my personal life shouldn’t impact anyone who purchases stuff from me and it has for which I’m sorry.

As I said on the other thread – if anyone has purchased things from me and hasn’t received them or had an email / communication with me then please send me an email to mtblee09[at]googlemail.com with STW in the subject line – the account filters that subject through to its own folder so no chance of missing it.

As for people having stuff off me lately – yes, there have been people who’ve had their bits. If they see this and are willing a quick post would be appreciated (please). If everyone understood what’s going on here right now and the conditions under which this situation occured I’m pretty sure it would make sense. It wasn’t my intention to leave people this long without their purchases and I’m putting it all right as quickly as I can.

Oh, and for the record – Luke you’ve got my home address. As has anyone else who’s had stuff of me.

mrman
    Free Member

iwh, i havent got your home address and i didnt get any email from you today or the phone. This has gone on too long and a lot of people are getting quite annoyed with you. To wait nearly a month for you to get around to sending something is just plain rude. Simple question, did you post the phone on Tuesday as you promised in your email (on saturday)

Jamie
    Free Member

Just sounds like a load of excuses from IWH to be honest. If you cannot post stuff within a couple of days then do not sell them. End of.

AlasdairMc

thepodge – Michael McMahon is from or in Leicester according to his Facebook profile – join it just to send him a message, perhaps with the threat of emailing all his friends exposing him.

thepodge
    Free Member

AlasdairMc, you sure you’ve got the right one? there seem to be a lot of them on facebook including a friend of a friend.

mrman
    Free Member

might be worth a new post guys? good luck tracking him down

SirJonLordofBike
    Free Member

:cry:I can say that I have received some expensive King wheels of Lee (IWH) just today, like other posters here I was begining to wonder if I was being spun a line. Without checking back it was about a month or so – which Im sure that Lee would agree is way longer than ideal and was not as originally intended.
    However I have spoken to him on the phone and he comes across as a genuine honest guy who has unfortunately sold a lot of gear just at a time that’s coincided with some family health issues and appears to have a bit too much on all at once.

I would recommend that, like me, you email Lee direct with “STW” in the subject line to get a faster response.

What I can say is that my wheels did arrive today, and that they were very fairly and accurately described so Im happy – although the UST valves and other bits included were missing 😥 – Im now confident he will sort it soon. (please!)

I hope that those waiting can draw some comfort from my experience that the goods should arrive, late admittedly, but at least as described.

Lee – you know what you need is a good P.A 😆

fatblokeattheback
    Free Member

Lee,

Have the forks been posted or not ?

It is a yes or no answer.

hora
    Free Member

IWH/Lee, I understand some of the off-topic goings on however if you are able to logon to your PC, lookup leisure sites and send along post then you are more than capable of arranging a ParcelForce collection from your house. Sorry, its true though. If it was me in this I’d ask for a full refund.

Jamie
    Free Member

Not to keep poking my nose in, but I am surprised at the patience of STW members, if i had waited nearly a month for something i had paid for i would be pissed.

yossarian
    Free Member

IWH – you need to take a day off work and sent ALL of your outstanding parcels off.

mrman
    Free Member

latest is that IWH has said on tuesday he went to the post office in plymouth and posted the iphone 1st class recorded to me, and you know what it strangely hasnt arrived… Ive asked him for the tracking number and “its under a pile of paper work” so hes digging it out. The person above who has received his wheels has only been a memember for 3 months, which is about the same time people have been waiting for their goods. My email address is above, drop me an email if you are waiting for your stuff as i have various details that will help you

grumm
    Free Member

I once took a little while to send a saddle on here, cos I embarrassingly couldn’t find it when I came to send it! Luckily the buyer was understanding.

A month or two is taking the piss though really.

pimpmyride
    Free Member

Right then thought I would update you all on whats happened with my purchase.
    I bought and paid for a set of Pike coil 454 forks and some Mono M4 brakes on the 11th april.
    After 2 weeks and still no forks or brakes I contacted IWH who said he was in California, he then said they were being posted using DHL but they wouldn’t take them as the packing was an obscure shape?
    I then had an email saying they had been sent using Royal Mail Special Delivery and he provided me with 2 tracking numbers which after 3 days of checking kept saying “sorry there is no information for this order please come back later”
    After this I then asked for a full refund which he agreed to do and I gave him my account details and sort code.
    I was assured that the money had been paid in but after checking online nothing was there.
    By this time I was VERY concerned as it was obvious there was a problem.

Finally I got in touch with a friend of my cousin who lives in Plymouth and they agreed to go to his house and collect the money in cash from him, this was successful but believe me it wasn’t easy!

So to those who have still yet to reeive parcels or get a refund then maybe this will put your mind at rest that hopefully you will receive either the parcel or a refund.

Sorry to post this Lee but I thought it was only fair to let people know of my experience and what the outcome was.
    Further to this I will say that Lee is easy to talk to and was pleasant throughout the whole situation and the end result was I got a full refund so thankyou Lee.

Maybe he just sold too many things and is backlogged?

Anyway thats my say on this matter and thanks again Lee for the refund.

KINGTUT
    Free Member

thanks again Lee for the refund.

You’re thanking him for a refund that you had to send people to his house to collect?

chakaping
    Free Member

Your thanking him for a refund that you had to send people to his house to collect?

That’s just what I was thinking.

Thanks for taking my money, telling me a pack of lies and only returning it when somebody physically came to your house.

A+++++ top STWer.

🙄

ton

just reading this, i can not believe all the people who have been fecked about by this bloke are so cool about it.
    this bloke is obviously a 1st class a-hole.
    i sell more than most on here, and every item is with the buyer within 24 hrs of them making a paypal payment.
    this bloke is ripping people off hoping they will say **** it or forget about it.
    if anyone has his address you should put it on the forum so the people owed money or gear can go and give the bloke a good hiding……

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Ton, and I thought my rant was a bit strong! You go, girl!
    😉

IWH
    Free Member

No worries Stu, I completely understand the post and thanks for adding it to this thread. To be fair the Lady that came to the house was hardly intimidating and was sent around because Stu hadn’t heard from me for a couple of hours.

FBATB – YGM

MrMan – also had mail.

To all those who’ve added comments and opinion and are now thinking the worst after seeing that someone had to be sent to my house – email me. I’m trying to put this situation right for all involved and as I’ve said in other posts on this thread (and the other one looking for me) it’s not the way I’d normally do business.

For anyone who is actually interested in what’s going on beyond just posting comments about coming and giving me a hiding then please email me at mtblee09@googlemail.com with STW in the subject line and I’ll be happy to fill you in in what’s happening that (and by no way is it an excuse for the situation) has brought everything to where it is now.

Aside from dealing with the people who paid me in good faith for parts there’s not really much more I can add to this thread aside from the point I’ve been trying to make – if I was going to operate any kind of scam – why would I use my real name and give people my real address? Especially in a city with so many STW members!

franksinatra

Seems to me that somebody needs to spend less time on the forum and more time down at the post office. 😕

ton

i just think it is very very wrong.
    people have paid good money up front, so the stuff should have been sent the next day.
    excuses do not cut it with me, when some of the stuff was paid for weeks ago.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 1,336 total)

The topic ‘IWH aka Lee Anderson – Goods supplied?’ is closed to new replies.