Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Anyone know if ODI grips fit Superstar Lock rings?
  • kayak23

Just bought some Superstar Excel grips without realising they are about 2 feet long(I know, I know, clue is in the name right…)

Wondered if I could get hold of some nice ODI refills and just use the multitude of superstar lock rings I have lying about?

Anyone know for definite?

rocketman
    Free Member

No

HTH

z1ppy

even if they did (i have no idea), I’ve never found ODI refil for any cheaper than you can find a complete kit discounted elsewhere.
    Please prove me wrong (rogue’s would be nice 😀 )…

simonhuscroft
    Free Member

Good question. I went the other way round fitting some superstar grips with official lock on lock rings and I had to both shorten and thin the plastic part that goes into the lock ring. Which should mean that the odi grips will fit inside the superstar lock rings with room to spare. Whether it grips it enough to stop it spinning is another thing?

Essentially no, I don’t know for definate. Sorry.

z1ppy

damn, ODI have risen in price since I last looked (found some btw), those SSC don’t last anyways.

carlphillips
    Free Member

no.

jairaj

for what its worth my superstar lock on collars fit onto lizard skin lock on grips.

No idea if lizard skin and ODI are the same standard though?

DezB
    Free Member

I’ve got some brand new Superstar type refills… Very “Rogue” in style. Brown in colour.
    Swap for your Excels?
    Like this

Northwind

I used mine with Lizardskinz, and my Lizardskinz with ODI rings, so you’d expect so. I’ll try to remember to check tonight.

gren
    Free Member

Seem to remember SS reckoning that theirs are much the same as everyone elses ….. apart from ODI.

Moved from SS to ODI X-trainers and couldn’t be happier. Twice the price but in the scheme of things what’s an extra tenner on the price of a bike?

qtip

I’m using superstar lock rings on my ODI grips (the ones that cover up the end of the bar as well as clamping the grip – I would assume this is the same fitting as the standard ones).

bland

I have peaty grips with superstar lockrings on one side and ODI lock rings on the other so they must do, just push them hard

Hang on are peaty grips Lizard Skin, oh god knows!

Deveron53
    Free Member

I used a ‘clone’ grip collar on an ODI insert, I just had to trim the lip from the ODI grip. When I remove the grips from the bike, it comes apart but when on and bolted up, tight as a tight thing. I made a Yeti grip, using a yellow grip collar and turquoise ODI grip insert.

kayak23

DezB – Member
    I’ve got some brand new Superstar type refills… Very “Rogue” in style. Brown in colour.
    Swap for your Excels?

Thanks DezB but I’m kinda looking for something a bit squidgier really. Ruffians are a bit thin for my liking.
    Ideally wanted the odi sdg Han solos…

colournoise

Been using ODI grips with Superstar collars (both ‘open’ and end plugs) for years now. No problems with fitting/refitting at all.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Anyone know if ODI grips fit Superstar Lock rings?’ is closed to new replies.