Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • anyone know how to change an RW2 file to a jpeg?
  • gravitysucks
    Free Member

The OH has managed to change some settings on the camera and has been shooting images in raw that are saved as RW2.

I need to convert a couple to make some thankyou cards and there doesn’t seem to be an obvious way (except downloading software)

What says you?

dan1980
    Free Member

They are different file formats, so unless you already have software on your computer to read/view the RW2 files, then you’re going to need to download something.

I would have thought the software that came with the camera should be able to read/view them, then you just need to save them out as jpeg.

Kieran

You need software.

My Canon DSLR came with the software on the bundled disk, I would presume that any camera that can shoot in RAW would also have the same

couldashouldawoulda
    Free Member

I believe Picasa suports that – but I’ve not done it. Upload the file and see what happens.

gravitysucks
    Free Member

yeh, I might have something at home but i’m at work and need to use the pics on publisher to get these cards printed off before I leave

couldashouldawoulda
    Free Member

Re Picassa – I’ve just tried a canon raw and no joy. You’d have to download the software.

gravitysucks
    Free Member

Boom Picasa 3 is king. Don’t even have to do anything just look at the image within picasa and then click the export tab. When it exports is does so as a jpeg.

Happy Times!

couldashouldawoulda
    Free Member

So did you have Picasa already installed?

cp

picasa is an awesome piece of software!

gravitysucks
    Free Member

Yeh already had Picasa installed so could see them but couldn’t get them on to publisher or photoshop

Militant_biker

You had Photoshop and it couldn’t open them? Adobe Camera Raw normally deals with all such RAW files, unless it’s an old copy of Photoshop and a newer camera, in which case you can often download updates for ACR.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘anyone know how to change an RW2 file to a jpeg?’ is closed to new replies.