• This topic has 6 replies, 5 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by br.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Anyone know anything about this, market manipulation content
  • Pigface
    Free Member

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-35879099

If he ends up being tried in America I think he will be staying for quite a while.

Hobster
    Free Member

He is a bit of a convenient scapegoat for the ‘flash crash’ after it was originally blamed on a US firm which was proved not to be the case.

Whilst what he was doing is against regulations it is highly unlikely that his trading was solely responsible for the crash (if at all given the size of other players in the market).

jimdubleyou

Whilst what he was doing is against regulations it is highly unlikely that his trading was solely responsible for the crash (if at all given the size of other players in the market).

Will be interesting to see if he can subpoena all of the CME’s trades for the day in question and see if it was just him moving the market (I don’t know if this is public knowledge or not).

chewkw
    Free Member

Free lodging etc what more do you want? 😆

Ya, as if the world is full of angels … 🙄

taxi25
    Free Member

So he allegedly illegally manipulated the markets to make £28,000,000 and in all probability causing others to loose substantial sums. What ever faults America has at least they take white collar crime seriously.

Hobster
    Free Member

Will be interesting to see if he can subpoena all of the CME’s trades for the day in question and see if it was just him moving the market (I don’t know if this is public knowledge or not).

There will be a full audit trail of all trades and quote updates but I’d imagine getting this granularity out of the CME is going to be a struggle.

br
    Free Member

What’s he worried about, he’ll get a fair trial.

It’s not like he’s foreign, or coloured, or a scapegoat – oh…

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Anyone know anything about this, market manipulation content’ is closed to new replies.