Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • anyone know anything about the Aliens prequel?
  • headsup-spam
    Free Member

Sounds interesting!

Jezkidd
    Free Member

Screenrant had some detail. It’s called prometheous, probably a reference to the modern prometheous, the other name for frankenstein

kimbers

pretty sure Natalie portmana in it ridley Scott recently did an interview where he said he was influenced by the 60s chariots of the gods stuff rumors a plenty on the web
    http://www.darkhorizons.com/news/21057/has-the-prometheus-plot-been-spoiled

kimbers

oh and its an ALIEN prequel

Sawyer
    Free Member

Thought Noomi Rapace got the part that Natalie Portman was up for.

Michael Fassbender is in it.

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

kimbers – Member
    oh and its an ALIEN prequel
    POSTED 3 MINUTES AGO # REPORT-POST

Heh yeah – the Aliens prequel was Alien 🙂

CaptJon
    Free Member

From IMDB:

Status = filming

Main crew:
    Ridley Scott – Director / Producer, Damon Lindelof – Writer (screenplay), Jon Spaihts – Writer (screenplay), David Giler – Producer, Walter Hill – Producer, Tony Scott – Producer, Dariusz Wolski – Cinematographer, Arthur Max – Production Designer, Pietro Scalia – Editor

Cast:
    Michael Fassbender
    Idris Elba …
    Charlize Theron …
    Noomi Rapace …
    Guy Pearce
    Logan Marshall-Green …
    Kate Dickie
    Rafe Spall
    Sean Harris
    Benedict Wong

Prod company – Brandywine
    Distributor – 20th century fox

Due for release 1/6/12

Trivia
    Gemma Arterton, Carey Mulligan, Olivia Wilde, Anne Hathaway, Abbie Cornish and Natalie Portman were considered for the main role.

James Franco was considered for a role.
    For the role of Vickers, Charlize Theron and Angelina Jolie were considered. Theron got the role.
    Was originally intended as a prequel to Ridley Scott’s Alien, but Scott decided to turn it into an original film with Noomi Rapace (who was already set to star in the prequel) still in the cast as one of five main characters. Some time later however, it was confirmed that the movie will take place in the same universe as Alien (1977), it will greatly reference that movie, but it will, for the bigger part, be an original movie and not a direct prequel.
    Michelle Yeoh was rumored at one point for a role in the movie.

so, not a prequel. If you want more detail i can tell you they are filming it using the red camera, mainly in the UK and Halon Entertainment are doing the sfx

Creg

I seemed to remember reading something a while back about a prequel. Possibly featuring the pilot from the crashed ship in the first film?

http://www.wired.com/underwire/2010/04/alien-prequel/

CountZero

My understanding, from the hints I’ve read, is that the original intention was to do a film concentrating on the alien ‘pilot’ in the crashed ship that Nostromo found, and it’s link with the Aliens and their eggs, but the storyline diverged into a whole new area which is pretty dark, even by Alien standards. Nobody’s really letting on what the story’s about, but with Ridley and Tony on board, and with Ridley’s aversion to doing sequels and covering old ground, I think this is going to be a very interesting film, and I’m really looking forward to it. I have fond memories of taking my girlfriend to see Alien when it first came out; she spent most of the time with her hands over her eyes, and a good excuse for a cuddle. I loved it. 😀

kimbers

my worry is that great directors don’t age well Lucas raped my childhood is an unpleasant but oft used phrase in certain parts of the web
    Cameron went from aliens and terminator to titanic and avatar coppola made godfather 3! Jackson king kong , kubrik did eyes wide shut …… the list goes on I really hope ridley can pull a masterpiece out of the bag I’m just a very apprehensive. AvP has diluted the franchise considerably and studios want crowdpleasing blandoramma, I’m sure the first idea for this was set entirely in the spacejockey universe with no humans at all

duntmatter
    Free Member

pretty dark, even by Alien standards

Nice. 8)

skidsareforkids
    Free Member

Charlize Theron… Yum

rOcKeTdOg

Will someone finally nuke them from orbit?

kcr
    Free Member
    GlitterGary
    Free Member

I hope it’s got Alf and ET in it.

Pook

And Gilbert

Drac

And Roger.

Pook

And Gilbert.

On a serious note, what’s the deal with the ‘space jockey’ or the alien pilot? I’ve heard it mentioned a few times but must have missed it it the filum

Cougar

As CountZero said. They find a giant corpse in the first film, sitting at a phallic looking telescope or gun or something.

CaptJon
    Free Member

The storyline leaked last week is something like:

Archeologists find alien artefacts in Africa, these suggest Earth was terraformed by an alien race and humans were genetically engineered to populate it – the artefacts include coordinates for a homeworld – big corporation sends ship to alien homeworld – aliens are delighted their science project has become intelligent and resourceful – all is going well until one human steals terraforming technology – humans try to leave, aliens send their other pet project, the nasty aliens of all the other films, after the humans – carnage ensues.

All rumours so far though.

shreck
    Free Member

Earth. Year 2058.
    Archaeological digs in Africa reveal alien artifacts that humans were genetically engineered by a advanced alien race (space jockeys). These “Alien Gods” also terraformed Earth in order to make it habitable for their human creations. Amongst finds are coordinates to the Alien God’s home-world, to Paradise. Months later the Weyland Corp launch the spaceship PROMETHEUS and his crew, into deep space to make first contact. Thanks to faster than light travel a few years later the PROMETHEUS enters the Zeta Riticuli star system. Humans are greeted by their makers, then transported further into space to a scary yet fascinating world. The Alien Gods are proud of their “children”, their first creation to reach such levels of intelligence.

As a reward they share bits of their astonishing bio-based technologies with the humans. But for one crew member of the Prometheus it’s not enough. In a treacherous act he steals the “bio-source code” to Terraforming, a technology at the origin of all Gods’ power, that could make humans equal to the gods. The Alien Gods may be scientists but are also ruthless conquerors, destroyers of worlds who will not accept humans as equals. They unleash on the escaping human crew their favorite bio-weapon, a creature used to “clean up” worlds before colonization. But something goes wrong in the process and humans manage to turn the bio-weapon against their makers. Giving birth to a smarter, nastier, bigger breed of gut eating creatures. Creatures that will be the demise of Paradise. What’s left of the Prometheus crew manages to escape the doomed planet.

On their trail a survivor Alien God in very familiar ship with one ultimate mission. Bring the wrath of the Gods to Earth.

allthepies
    Free Member

Sounds good 🙂

kimbers

that storyline has been dismissed as way-off by ridley

Kevevs
    Free Member

Interesting! not heard about this.

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

The topic ‘anyone know anything about the Aliens prequel?’ is closed to new replies.