Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • anyone know any good deals on 29er wheels?
  • big_scot_nanny

as above, if anyone has seen anything would appreciate the heads up.

For my spare 29er, need a front wheel that can ideally be swapped between QR and 20mm, and a normal 135/QR rear.

Could get away with just a front, and just in QR if that was all I could get/was cheap, as don’t really need another rear.

Anyone know of anything?

ta muchly!

Kev

cheers_drive

CRC had good deal on Sun Ringle Black Flags, but have gone up to £199 a set now, was £145. Still a good saving though. If you just need a front I’d just get a Hope Hoop

weeksy

on-one have them for £149.00

boxelder

I’ve some SHand FSA XC 290’s going spare due to new Hopes. Both qr and good nick. £75

weeksy

will they swap to a 15mm front?

boxelder

Sadly, no.

MrTall
    Free Member

Halo Freedoms are not bad as a front wheel and are pretty robust if you’re a bigger chap. Mine came with a convertible hub that can be used as qr, 15 & 20mm.
    Can be found for £90ish I’d you shop around.

theotherjonv

boxelder, I’m interested by them if bsn passes. Only issue is I’m away on Sunday for 2 weeks and would need to be in to accept them. Could arrange payment if you can hold off posing until around 22nd (assume posted, where are you in case it’s pickupable)

sofaking
    Free Member

evans had some stans wheels on offer before xmas

big_scot_nanny

massive thanks all, had a good look through Evans, and on-one and CRC.

boxelder, not looking for something that light as I am fat, and break stuff, but huge thanks.

I already have a pair of Halo freedoms, and AM American Classics (non convertible hubs… boo!), so I am going to go for the single front wheel option on the Halo’s.

If anyone sees any particularly bargainalicious Halo deals kicking around, shout me please!

Kev

boxelder

theotherjonv – Near Keswick.
    I’ll take the tyres off and send some detail and pics.

awesom-o
    Free Member

Superstar also do a 29er F&R set for about £140.00. I have a new stans flow 32H 29er rim (rim only) for sale if yor looking to build something fairly decent?

MrTall
    Free Member

Wiggle have the Halo for £94 and you can then use Quidco etc to get a bit more cashback.

You may also be able to find a discount code if you ask around to save a bit more.

Edit – if you sign up for the Wiggle newsletter you’ll get a £5 off over £50 order voucher so the wheel will be less than £90. 🙂

big_scot_nanny

Mr Tall – proper job, cheers!

Kev

bunnerscj
    Free Member

Hello !.
    The Halo spin doctor hubs WERE rubbish.
    Started out with a 29r set 2 years ago, bearings front and rear went in no time.
    Replaced and went again. Rear axle bearings in the ones I had were a very small bearing and just couldnt cope with load and stodge.

Personally, I would try something else.

big_scot_nanny

bunnerscj, yes I agree they are not perfect. I had to rebuild the rear hub on my other pair of 29er halo freedoms, also needed a new freewheel very soon after purchase, and eventually had the rim built onto a hope proII which has been brilliant (and the rim has been very good).

Front one has been faultless for 2 years, and in that time it has been punished. Very impressed.

I think I’m happy to take the risk on a front wheel, but appreciate the heads up.

Kev

boxelder

First ride today on new Pro2/Stans Crest – £270 from Simon at Progressive.
    Excellent wheels and good price and service

bunnerscj
    Free Member

I went ‘flows’ on Evo’s from Just riding along, cracking choice ! 🙄

boxelder

Sorry, have I broken some code by naming a retailer giving a good service, or just a dull post?
    I’ve always read the rolly eyes thing as ‘to$$er’ which feels a tad harsh given the OP’s question.

simonm
    Free Member

boxelder, sent you message about wheels, £75 would be good.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘anyone know any good deals on 29er wheels?’ is closed to new replies.