Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Anyone know about You View
  • holster
    Free Member

Looking at getting a You View box for my mum to have in her bedroom. She already has a Sky subscription (which only works downstairs), with movies etc., so I was wondering whether this would mean that rather than having to buy a monthly You View pass in order to watch movies on the You View box upstairs, would she be able to ‘connect’ the You View box to her existing Sky account. This way as well as all the benefits of You View (catch up etc), she can also watch movies on the You View box upstairs via her existing sky subscription?

I’ve had a look on the website, and can’t seem to find any hints as to whether this is possible, so thought I’d ask here before tackling the helpline!

Cheers!

jfletch
    Free Member

I don’t think you can do as you want.

A better solution may be to take a feed from the Sky box upstairs and use a magic eye to control it. The Sky box should have catch up TV (iPlayer, 4OD etc) unless its a really old box.

If it is a really old box then get on the blower to Sky. It may require a bit of negotiation but they should send you a new Sky+ box and a wireless adapter for free so you can get all the latest features. You may need to sign up for a new 12 month deal but if your Mum has no intention of getting rid of Sky then that is no issue and she may even see her bills go down.

unovolo
    Free Member

You view is just freeview with catch up TV built in ,you can get Now TV from Sky on it but it is a separate subscription to her existing Sky sub.

One possible solution is to use Sky go on either a laptop or IPad whilst in bed, as she would already have access to this at no extra cost, just depends whether she has a laptop or iPad.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Anyone know about You View’ is closed to new replies.