Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • anyone know a good route in dales for bivi biking
  • parling
    Free Member

Hey getting past my merlin sram saga I’ve decided its best to just ride my bike for a bit,

fancy going away with just bike and sleeping in the woods anyone know a tough route in yorkshire dales that may have some trees after about 20 miles.

Cheers

ton

settle, stockdale lane, street gate, arncliffe high moor, arncliffe cote, Litton, horsehead moor, hubberholme, cray…….sleep near the pub.

day 2
    stake allotments, semer water, roman road, fleet moss, dent head, pennine b/w, lady anne highway, Kirkby Stephen, train back to settle.

lasty
    Free Member

^^^^ Nowt wrong wi that fella…

martinhutch

Nice route Ton. Got some vicious climbs on it for a bloke with camping gear…but he did ask for it…

Alternative:

Settle, the other side of the Settle Loop up to Street Gate, Across to Mastiles and down it to Kilnsey. Lunch at the Trout Farm place. Up Scot Gate lane opposite from Conistone into Mossdale, old mining track around towards Grassington, Descend by Hebden Gill, tea in Grassington (that’s about 20 miles?), up the back of Grassington to Grass Wood via Dales Way cheek, sleep at the top of there. Grass Wood is great!

Up from Threshfield to Weets Top, Fast descent to Calton, lunch at farm shop just out of Airton,on to Malham, toughish BW climb from the middle of the village up to meet Stockdale Lane, descend Stockdale and tracks south of Settle to finish. Again, about 20 miler I think.

parling
    Free Member

Cheers Ton looks good, going very basic so wont be carrying much just going to watch an episode of bear grylls before I go and pray it dosent rain. If others in group take too much then that’s unfortunate. Ton is there some trees near that pub.

ton

if you look at a map there is a smallish valley to the left with a fp going to it…ideal
    crook ghyll I think it is called

parling
    Free Member

cheers mate.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘anyone know a good route in dales for bivi biking’ is closed to new replies.