Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • Anyone keen to ride the South Downs tomorrow night (Worthing area)….
  • DrP

…note; it’ll be miserable!

Our usual numbers are dwindling, so keen to seen new mud lovers with GSOH…

Any takers?.

DrP

chiefgrooveguru

You could come and join us lot over in Brighton – we have lots of lovely* muddy woods and downland too.

* Other adjectives may be more appropriate…

DrP

I thought you Brighton lot got out on Thursdays?? where do you held out from on Tuesdays then – Stamner?

Might be a bit tight to get across to you tomorrow night, but could plan it another time??

DrP

davosaurusrex

Have a brand spanking Turner Sultan sitting here but it’s just too muddy to christen it so I’m out.

You part of SussexMTB by any chance DrP?

dantsw13

Spare a thought for us in the other side of the county in Robertsbridge – we’ve had constant gloop for the best part of a year now!! Still, out for our regular Tuesday night ride tomorrow – hopefully the fire is on in the pub!

chiefgrooveguru

We have a faster contingent every Tuesday too! Anywhere between two and ten of us usually (three fools turned up last Tuesday mid-blizzard…) Same meeting point, uni sports centre car park at 7pm. A mix of Stanmer singletrack, downs mile-munching, some Wild Park DH fun too, depends on the weather/group/vibe. Are you usually out with Hoops?

DrP

Hoops and Tommo et all…. Yes, Sussex MTB…

And as to… “Have a brand spanking Turner Sultan sitting here but it’s just too muddy to christen it so I’m out.”…
    Pah! 😉

DrP – taking his shonky SSq, leaving the nice bike at home!

carloz
    Free Member

We should organise some transport to do the Tuesday ride in Worthing occasionally.

davosaurusrex

Yeah I know, pathetic isn’t it? But it’s so shiny and it is currently indoors, once it’s been ridden the missus will banish it to the garage where I can’t see it which gives me a sad. Only got the one bike although it is a nice one….no doubt I’ll crack soon and take it out but as I’m on paternity leave it will be a daytime run I think.

Met Hoops a couple of times, damn his Strava times! Tommo has also been to Wales with a number of the group I usually ride with, met him on the lash last year, what a pr1ck!(Joke from that evening before anyone gets upset)

DrP

Only got the one bike although it is a nice one….

The nicest bike is the one being ridden 😉

Where abouts do you live – you SHOULD come out tonight as I doubt it’ll be a fast one (I went out sat eve, and it was sloooowww due to mud etc), and it’s a shame to have just one bike yet not ride it….

DrP

timnwild

Where are you starting from DrP?

davosaurusrex

Broadwater. Still trying to get bubs into a routine and would prefer the first shakedown ride to be in daylight but will try and get out with you lot soon, need to get fitter! Have only been out with sussexmtb once, about 6 years ago, and it nearly killed me….

scottfitz
    Free Member

Would be up for this but busy tonight, Small group of us going out wendnesday night at QECP if anyone is intersted.

DrP

I’ll be leaving home at about 1840, and be up the High Salvington shops for 1900…
    Can meet at either place Tim? I’ve bike washing facilities at mine (£1 per token… 😉 )…
    Can email you my address?

DrP

timnwild

damn – got daughter’s swimming.

Scottfitz – QECP tomorrow you say? leaving from where?

chiefgrooveguru

damn – got daughter’s swimming.

She could join you on the ‘ride’ in that case! 😉

scottfitz
    Free Member

Scottfitz – QECP tomorrow you say? leaving from where?

QECP’s main carpark at 6.30. We won’t be riding the offical trails 😉 Maybe a bit of the red Trail

timnwild

Ach, can’t get there for then. If it’s not too much trouble, be good to met up with your crew one weekend to show some shoreham fellas around?

Been meaning to get out to QECP for a while.

nickmsm
    Free Member

I’m local and would be up for a ride soon once my Cotic’s built 🙂

scottfitz
    Free Member

No problem tim just give me a shout.

futonrivercrossing
    Free Member

We should organise some transport to do the Tuesday ride in Worthing occasionally.

Good idea – a change of scenery would be nice 🙂 – can’t make it tonight – have a good one fellas!

DrP

Well, it was sloppy slidy fun no doubt! The rain held off, and managed to fit in 20ish miles, mostly sideways!

I too would be up for heading to QECP as despite working down the road from it (before moving) for a year, I never actually went!

Will post up about next week, erm, next week!

Is usually Tuesdays at 1900 aT the high salvington shop, near the windmill…

DrP

scottfitz
    Free Member

🙂

Is usually Tuesdays at 1900 aT the high salvington shop, near the windmill…

Will have to come stright from work but if im free i will come. Do we get to ride the lion trail i have heard about but never ridden?

DrP

Do we get to ride the lion trail I have heard about but never ridden?

Can do – however TBH this weather doesn’t see it at it’s full glory (a bit like seeing Britney now as opposed to ‘Baby one more time’ Britney..).

There’s still plenty of good ‘out there and riding’ type stuff, and you get the miles covered, but there’s no denying that the technical stuff if better (more fun, faster, etc) once it drys out…

I mostly ride the SS in this gopping weather, and bring the Meta later in the year.

DrP

scottfitz
    Free Member

I will be on my winter HT (1×9) I had it SS for past 2 winters but haven’t bothered this winter.

DrP

Sounds sensible!

So….next tuesday then?

Or..I’m happy to meet at mine, if you need to clean up your bike before driving it back?

DrP

timnwild

I’m up for it.

stumpytom
    Free Member

I wouldn’t mind driving/riding over Worthing way for a change on a Tuesday either. Last night was quite good fun, although the wind up the top of the downs was pretty riciculous. All in all we managed to avoid the worst of the mud I think.

Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)

The topic ‘Anyone keen to ride the South Downs tomorrow night (Worthing area)….’ is closed to new replies.