Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Anyone in the Northwest want to lend/rent out a house around Christmas?
  • SaxonRider

My family and I need to find a place to stay near my mum’s for a few days, from the 26th to about the 29th of December.

I figure something in this area would be appropriate, although the closer the better:

Because I have a large family, a cheap hotel and most B&Bs are out of the question. On the other hand, I have looked into bunkhouses, and while they make for a pretty feasible option where we live in Wales, they don’t seem to be very numerous or practical up there.

A shot in the dark, I know, but anyone have an empty house in the area that they wouldn’t mind having inhabited for a few days?

maccruiskeen

Got an empty 4 bed house but its about 30 miles west of there. Pretty sparsely furnished though, we’re getting ready to strip/redectorate ready to let or sell in the new year so theres a working kitchen/bath and shower rooms but other than a sofa and bed and a dining table not much else in the way of furniture.

hammyuk
    Free Member

OH is renting her place in Hudds – can ask if its not let by then 😉
    Only furniture is a sofa though

imnotamused
    Free Member

You could try Love Home Swap

Someone I know had a very successful 1 way swap (they went to a house in Sweden, the Swedish owners didn’t come to the UK for some reason).

SaxonRider

With sincere gratitude to those who have responded so far, I am bumping this in the hope that something slightly close to my mum’s might be available.

If not, I will be in touch with one of you above. 8)

banks
    Free Member

Airbnb?

Gary_M
    Free Member

Because I have a large family, a cheap hotel and most B&Bs are out of the question.

How large is your family? Could you not just book 2 or 3 hotel rooms for example? Premier inn rooms are fairly cheap.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Anyone in the Northwest want to lend/rent out a house around Christmas?’ is closed to new replies.