Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Anyone in the market for a 240V SDS Drill (Brizzle based preferably)?
  • deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Just saw this in the kit supplier I use all the time. There are often folk posting “What SDS drill?” topics. It needs VAT applying to the price but seemed like good value all the same. Can pick up on way home if anyone wants it. PayPal gift only. 😀 (only joking)

EDIT: comes with a selection of usual size bits as well.

nickjb
    Free Member

Is that in Bell Power Tools? I could spend all day and a lot of cash in there!

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

No, Power Fixings nick. But yeah, Bell is kit pron heaven.

Stoner
    Free Member

gahh! That is tempting, but I cant quite kill my Ryobi yet! And it has taken far more abuse than a £80 SDS should ever have to.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Well, let me know. It’d give me an excuse to visit Malverncestershire with your bag of wood. 🙂

molgrips
    Free Member

I could use a new drill… but alas just bought a new frame…

andyl
    Free Member

damn just bought a cheap lidl sds the other week as I have a few small jobs to finish on the flat.

..hang on just checked the spec and no hammer only.

What are these cheap places in Bristol you mention? My random orbit sander just packed in right in the middle of getting my walls back to a paintable state.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

This is Power Fixings in Brislington. It’s not for cheap kit though. They just do occasional specials. Didn’t realise there’s no hammer-only setting. Which is a bit of a drawback I suppose.

Stoner
    Free Member

No hammer only?

Whats the point of that then? Dont they know the only reason to have an SDS is to use the chisels!!!?? 😈

andyl
    Free Member

Might have to pop in there and take a look. I know PVR direct is also there. I unfortunately cannot buy high end tools for my use but when I’m buying for work then I have to. I went through a couple of cheap Titan angle grinders on the flat and then bought a Makita for work which has been very useful for cutting up bits of aircraft into small enough chunks to cut properly for testing.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

They’re on the same road as PVR Direct andy, but down quite close to St Brendan’s. don’t be effin ‘n’ jeffin when you go in there though. It’s run by Brizzle Brethren. 😀

nickjb
    Free Member

What are these cheap places in Bristol you mention?

Bell Power Tools on Gloucester Rd (or whatever it is called that far up) in Horfield have a massive range of power tools and some good deals. Most are on display too, so you can have a fondle. It’s the right side of the river, too 🙂

andyl
    Free Member

Will have to try those two places. alternative to screwfix and toolstation. Still need to sort out a wet and dry vacuum.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Yeah, Bell are in North Brizzle where the tradesmen can’t afford expensive kit. 😛

No though, to be fair,, I wish they were closer to me, I’d use them a lot more. Their VAT free days are awesome! I’m getting myself a decent rail saw (Mak, Bosch or Fester) the next time they do one!!

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Anyone in the market for a 240V SDS Drill (Brizzle based preferably)?’ is closed to new replies.