Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Anyone in Lincolnshore/NE Lincs?
  • Kahurangi

I’m in Grimsby for the hols and would be keen to hear from anyone who might be able to meet for a ride.

Anywhere within a reasonable drive would be considered although there must be some ok riding in the Wolds or closer to Lincoln.

Duffer
    Free Member

there must be some ok riding in the Wolds or closer to Lincoln

You’re taking the piss, surely?! 😉

Kahurangi

I hoped not 🙁

While it’s not MTB mecca there must be a few lurkers!

trusslebabes
    Free Member

I live just north of Lincoln (4.5 miles) and a mate off here lives a couple of villages further up the road. There are no good rides locally with hills or anything technical, we did have a route round the Wolds when the weather was good in spring/summer there were a couple of options between 22 and 40 mile routes iirc. We did try them once in the damp and just clogged up with mud between wheels and frame, if it stays frozen then you might be ok but most of it was crossing fields (of the ploughed variety) and the rest was grass tracks really. The routes usually started at Walesby and headed over to Normanby Le Wold, go and have a ride up the road there 😉

Unfortunately i am away over the hols so can’t help out anymore than that, ps if you do by some way of a miracle find something good let me know 😆

matthewlhome
    Free Member

There are plenty of bridleways round and over the wolds – as said above going out from Walesby, Tealby or Market Rasen are good starting points. Just have a look at an OS map and join the dots! Some can be boggy at this time of year but the ground is rock hard at the minute so should be ok.

ji
    Free Member

There are some OK tracks around, and as it is all frozen at the moment they are OK – many turn into a quagmire when it rains so some local knowledge helps. Have a look at my site Louth Area Mountain Bikerswhich has links to local rides (look in the Sunday and Wednesday threads)and if you post up you may find a few locals willing to show you around.

benjag
    Free Member

if you like jumps, get yourself to our playground!

trailblazers

lipseal
    Free Member

My next door neighbours gone there to vista her folks for Xmas HTH

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Anyone in Lincolnshore/NE Lincs?’ is closed to new replies.