Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Anyone identify this font?
  • gozarch
    Free Member

Can anyone identify the “Last Look at Eden” font in this picture? Image possibly NSFW, even though I think it’s meant to be an apple, it looks slightly dodgy!

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/4/40/Europe_last_look_at_eden_album.jpg

I figure it may just be a specially designed one, but it’s worth a try.

muppetWrangler
    Free Member

is it conanvanhalen std?

scotroutes

Saxon Bold?

binners

Looks like Futura to me

Whoever designed that Europe logo needs taking round the back for a proper seeing to by the bins. It offends my delicate aesthetic sensibilities horrendously. As does the cover generally> I’m presuming the use of Futura was ironic

gozarch
    Free Member

Crikey, no-one’s busy this afternoon, then? 😉

mW – I actually started to google that, you smart arse 🙂
    lemonysam – how handy is that site?!

I shall ignore all cock rock puns henceforth.

binners – what’s up with it then?

binners

Whats wrong with it? Seriously? The only redeemable thing about that design is the 3 words in Futura.

If you’re going to design a monochrome cover then it should look like this

If you’re going to do what they’ve done with that hideous Dungeons and Dragons logo, then at least go the whole hog and have a full colour painting of a woman riding a dragon, or something. The kind of thing Saddam Hussain had on his walls

gozarch
    Free Member

Well I quite like it *sniff*. The logo’s been the same since the 80s, I think, with some colour changes.

Oh, and I think the text is too skinny to be Futura. Close, but no cigar :-/

Three_Fish
    Free Member

Looks more like Drescher Grotesk BT Std. With Futura, the ‘A’ would stand slightly above the letters either side; the ‘S’ is also too stretched to be Futura.

binners

All that means is that its been awful for 30 years. Mind you, the music is bloody awful too. So I suppose its fitting 😉

And Futura comes in a number of weights. Thats Futura light

Another (genius) example of doing monochrome album covers soooooooo right

Malvern Rider
    Free Member

Here ya go you can even type anything you like and get it immediately converted into instant euro rockage !

Source: Google search.

gozarch
    Free Member

Heh. I may, ahem, have already downloaded that Europa font to facilitate a previous gift for the same friend. I enjoy the ability to write anything in euro-rockage-font! 😀

Bloody hell, Three Fish, I reckon you’ve got it!!

binners

😀

edlong
    Free Member

Surely a proper rock font needs superfluous umlauts?

Junkyard
    Free Member

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Anyone identify this font?’ is closed to new replies.