Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • Anyone here who is psychic?
  • hammerite
    Free Member

Boring post alert – bit like sharing a dream!

Listening to the radio this morning and Chris Evans is talking to Zac Brown who goes one to list all his band members. Get’s me thinking about the finances of a band, how much they get paid and how they work out who gets what (I was stuck in traffic so plenty of thinking time!).

Then I thought about how much a one hit wonder (or close to it) can earn and whether random band members get… one band sprung to mind – Toploader. Can the band members afford to live based on the earnings from that one song?

What was the next song Evans played? Toploader – Dancing in the moonlight!

Not saying I’m psychic – it’s just a fluke, but something must have triggered me thinking about Toploader before it was on the radio.

gonefishin
    Free Member

Toploader are an English alternative rock band from Eastbourne who formed in 1997, with over two million album sales to their name and a string of top 20 hits both home and abroad

So not quite a one hit wonder.

– it’s just a fluke, but something must have triggered me thinking about Toploader before it was on the radio.

That’s called confirmation bias.

wwaswas

something must have triggered me thinking about Toploader before it was on the radio.

Let’s assume that 1 million people are listening and, one assumes, thinking at least a bit about music.

So they all think of a different band following some random process.

I suspect there’s at least 10 of them making similar claims to divine influence/psychic powers 😉

fasthaggis

I knew you were going to post that

ahwiles
    Free Member

pick 6 numbers, by 1 lottery ticket.

if you win, do it again, then i’ll listen to your claims of psychicnessability.

and burn you as a witch.

nealglover
    Free Member

Anyone here who is psychic?

Presuming when you say “here” you mean The World.

Then, no.

There isn’t.

HTH.

wwaswas

I knew you were going to post that

did you get this one too 😉

hammerite
    Free Member

Toploader are an English alternative rock band from Eastbourne who formed in 1997, with over two million album sales to their name and a string of top 20 hits both home and abroad
    So not quite a one hit wonder.

Hence why I put close to it.

I knew they’d had a couple of songs that did ok, but all most would remember is dancing in the moonlight. They hardly lit up the hit parade regularly. 😆

fasthaggis

did you get this one too

No , I was thinking more this ..

😉

ohnohesback
    Free Member

Radio schedules can be very predictable. subconciously you may have anticipated the next record. Twenty years ago you could set your watch by the fact that Ocean FM would play a Boyzone record (usually No Matter What) at 11.10.

Junkyard
    Free Member

but something must have triggered me thinking about Toploader before it was on the radio.

I think the explanation goes something like this

Listening to the radio this morning and Chris Evans is talking to Zac Brown who goes one to list all his band members. Get’s me thinking about the finances of a band, how much they get paid and how they work out who gets what (I was stuck in traffic so plenty of thinking time!).

Then I thought about how much a one hit wonder (or close to it) can earn and whether random band members get… one band sprung to mind – Toploader. Can the band members afford to live based on the earnings from that one song?

No one has psychic powers it is just that events like this with serendipity are recalled…try predicting the next song on the radio for the rest of the week and post up your results if you really need proof

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

I dare say what happened was that at some point he said that he was going to play a toplaoder song in a bit, but you didn’t hear it because you were deep in your band related thoughts. However, something in your brain picked up on it and got you having a parallel though about the song.

Well, either that or you’re a freak!

nmdbasetherevenge
    Free Member

I am.
    I predict that someone will be along to speak a load of crap soon.

That’ll be £20, thanks.

joeydeacon
    Free Member

BTW to answer your original question, Toploader probably didn’t earn much from Dancing in the moonlight, as it was a cover.

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g5JqPxmYhlo[/video]

greatbeardedone
    Free Member

There’s a very thin line between outright dismissal and cries of “burn the witch”! 😉

MrWoppit
    Free Member

I’m getting a very strong impression of the letter “M”. Is there anybody here who knows someone with a name beginning with “M”?

footflaps

I’m getting a very strong impression of the letter “M”. Is there anybody here who knows someone with a name beginning with “M”?

Ah yes me, my mothers aunt’s dog had an M in it’s name and it recently died – it must be a message for me from the dog!

Dorset_Knob
    Free Member

I’ve successfully dowsed for water in the past. Does that make me psychic?

servo
    Free Member

I’m sure I heard over the weekend on the radio that Toploader were the headline act at a beer festival in a pub. I remember thinking I wonder how much money they get for that? Maybe you heard it as well?

nedrapier

People having a bit of a laugh here should go and Tom Binns’ Sunderland psychic Ian D Montfort in “Ian D Montfort is Unbelievable”

http://www.ents24.com/uk/tour-dates/ian-d-montfort

“mixing eerily good cold reading skills with a joyful debunking of the genre”

very good, very funny.

psling
    Free Member

psling – Member
    Hammerite will post in a few days that he has had a premonition about some music[sic] being played on the radio.

POSTED 5 DAYS AGO # REPORT POST

Psychic you say?

CountZero

Psychic you say?

I knew you were going to say that!

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

So you’re humming this tune, you get in your car and it’s on the radio!

No, it’s on the CD that was playing when you got out the car which is why you’re still humming it.

hora
    Free Member

STW’ers anotherdeadhero secretly fancies me. Its abit creepy.

TuckerUK
    Free Member

The mental health charity I volunteer for had a psychic night fund raising event!

😯

Sometimes, you just couldn’t make it up.

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

Sometimes, you just couldn’t make it up

Presumably the psychic does that?

dannybgoode

Had a bloke wanting business insurance for his psychic websites – I immediately asked him why, what did he know?

He didn’t get why I asked at all…

Cheers

Danny B

Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)

The topic ‘Anyone here who is psychic?’ is closed to new replies.