Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Anyone here sent a bike box by Royal Mail standard parcel service?
  • Onzadog
    Free Member

On their website, they limit things to 1.5m long and 20kg. It ticks both those boxes. However, when you dig deeper, it talks about length and girth not being more than 3 metres. Problem is, they don’t define girth.

If girth is width time length then it can never reach the 1.5m limit as lenth would be considered 3 times in the 3 metre limit which means the parcel would max out at 1m long with a width of zero. (Girth being L+L+W+W) the toal limit being length and girth not exceeding 3m (L+L+L+W+W) which is just getting silly.

Surely they mean H+H+W+W for girth so their limit would be H+H+W+W+L<3m.

They don’t make it easy for themselves.

Al, I’m invvestiaging alternatives now, but it might end up being the work address by courier.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

I have done so but the package was probably oversize. My local post office only checked the length

Marko

If you take it down the PO, they’ll say it’s too big and will have to go Parcelforce. Used to be a limit of 1.5 metres on Parcelforce, but they had to drop it as they were missing out on loads of business from the likes of Screwfix etc sending pipes – well that’s according to my Parcelforce van driver.
    Hth
    Marko

cynic-al
    Free Member

Parcelfarce is OK Onzadog!

rockthreegozy
    Free Member

Length + heightx2 + widthx2 = no more than 3m.

Frame is doable, bike no.

Parcelmonkey cheaper for bikes

gcaster
    Free Member

senditnow.com

Onzadog
    Free Member

Cheers guys. Thanks for the links to cheaper places. I’ve just mailed the recipient to see what he prefers.

loddrik
    Free Member

As above, only ever use Senditnow.

MoseyMTB
    Free Member

Senditnow everytime, next day for cheaper than parcelforce 48 and it is actually parcelforce who pick it up.

MoseyMTB
    Free Member

Oh and you can pick when they come. Brilliant if you work in the day.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Anyone here sent a bike box by Royal Mail standard parcel service?’ is closed to new replies.