Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Anyone here running in the Edinburgh marathon tomorrow?
  • Kunstler

It’s going to be a bit warm. Hopefully there’ll be a little breeze off the sea. I’m only doing a relay leg. I had thought of continuing (I’m on the third leg) to the finish as with everything going on it’s probably the quickest way to get there but I’ve been feeling a little rubbish today. Possibly being overdoing things this last week.
    It’ll be fun anyway.

cynic-al
    Free Member

nobeerinthefridge is

I live about 5 miles along the route, might have a look.

finbar
    Free Member

No, but i am doing Sheffield half. Has your team got a goal time Kunstler?

Kunstler

There’s no goal time and I’m not sure how competitive anyone will be. We’re one of seven teams running for Autism Initiatives trying to raise some money for outreach activities this summer.
    I used to hate but running I’ve been doing 5 – 8 mile runs, probably past where cynic-al lives (give the AI guys a clap if you see them) in the last few weeks and now enjoy it.

Actually, as I think about it there are some pretty competitive individuals taking part. We’ve got a couple of service users running in the teams and one of them will be off like road runner.

cynic-al
    Free Member

Hmmmm…I’m near the East end of Porty beach.

May head down and shout a bit.

Garry_Lager

I rode in with my SiL running the Edinburgh marathon 2 or 3 yrs ago when it was the hottest day of the year – last few miles from past Port Seton to Musselburgh. Christ it was rough on the runners, looked like a George Romero film – a line of zombies staggering onwards, all humanity fled from their eyes.

So best of luck and hats off for doing it 🙂 Hopefully it won’t be excessively hot – that year you could probably have trained all year and never really felt the sun. Freakishly hot on the day and it did some damage.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Aye, as Al says, I’m doing it. Not looking forward to it, I seriously hope it ain’t gonna be as warm as it was here today, or I’ll be in the broom wagon! I’ve improvised with the post race shower, got my dirt worker filled up, and sitting in the car in this sun, should be nice and warm for a hose down in the Musselburgh racecourse car park!.

I see they are doing an Edinburgh marathon ale in the post race beer tent, although, that may not be the best idea, having to drive back to prestwick afterward!

Kunstler

How did you do Nobeerinthefridge?

I really enjoyed it. I felt really strong after my leg and wanted to continue and as luck would have it I was given the opportunity. One of our other teams was a man down for the glory leg so I ran it for them. Someone kindly took my bike to the finish for me.

It turned out that I’m quite the competitive one. It’s a good feeling nipping through the field of runners (I know that most had been running for a couple of hours before I started). I was only overtaken by four people on both legs I ran. I’m keen to keep the running up and it looks like a few of us are going to run in the Glasgow half marathon in September.

Met up with some of our runners in a pub in town and went to see Kassidy in the evening. Walked a friend back to her flat in Restalrig so ended up walking about five miles around town. No wonder I’m so lethargic today. It’s still way less effort than running the full marathon in that heat. Hats off to those that did.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Anyone here running in the Edinburgh marathon tomorrow?’ is closed to new replies.