Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Anyone heard of this? April fool?
  • jimbobrighton
    Free Member

http://www.accapi.co.uk/index.php

I particularly like the 'photonizer' – £30 for half a pair of socks!

nickc

Photonizer 4-14 is a revolutionary bottle cover, made using the exclusive Nexus fabric. Thanks to its constant natural emission of infrared rays, it has a beneficial effect on the properties of water and water-based liquids.

The effect of the Photonizer 4-14 bottle and flask cover on water and water-based liquids is very fast. Scientific studies demonstrate that the natural infrared emissions of Nexus fabric have an important effect on a litre of water just ten minutes from the moment the Photonizer is applied to the bottle. Liquids reach optimum and stable hydration levels at 30 minutes and these properties and maintained. When the Photonize is removed, it takes a further 30 minutes for liquids to return to their original state.

Hmmmmmm, I spy bullsh**…

woody2000

StirlingCrispin
    woody2000

Nexus Energy Source is a fabric that contains aluminium, platinum and titanium and, it is claimed, emits a natural infra-red between 4 – 14 microns. What this infra-red emitting clothing does is to increase the viscosity of the blood, which means that it flows quicker and oxygenates quicker.

How does increasing the viscosity of a fluid make it flow faster? Or am I missing something?

Stoner
    Free Member

Apparently infra-red can also increase hydration by de-clustering water molecules so that the body can more easily absorb water.

I hate lumps in my Evian. Dont you?

Moses

This is TOP QUALITY absolute bullsh1t, I do admit.

"incorporates platinum, titanium and aluminium matrix … which emits light across the infra red spectrum."

And this is why bike frames typically glow red-hot at night.
    Yeah, right

Stoner
    Free Member

hangon – I reckon we can sell this stuff under the auspices of "Alternative Therapies". Be right up their street….

nickc

It is quality bolloxs, and no doubt, carefully hand crafted by teams of experts.

Mind you, look at the prices, couple of cut up socks to slip over your water-bottle will probably put them in profit I reckon

jimbobrighton
    Free Member

I actually know it's not an april fool, but it beggars belief that anyone would buy this top end quackery.

crazy-legs

Scientific studies demonstrate that the natural infrared emissions of Nexus fabric have an important effect on a litre of water just ten minutes from the moment the Photonizer is applied to the bottle.

And the link to these studies is where exactly? I'm guessing it's not in any peer-reviewed professional journal…
    Still, the prices on that website make Rapha and even the now-defunct Rock Racing attire look like great value for money!

atlaz
    Free Member
    jimbobrighton
    Free Member

atlaz – Member

Is this a 60-quid buff?

http://www.accapi.co.uk/products/bodyguard/bodyguard_action/Cervical-Support.html

it would appear so. how anyone could possibly call that a support without bursting out laughing is beyond me. Exactly WHAT is that supporting?

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Anyone heard of this? April fool?’ is closed to new replies.