Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Anyone heard of the retailer Ratuken or Pixel Electronics
  • lunge

I’m after a new iPad and HDUK had a link to these with rather good prices, link here, reckon it looks OK?

jamesgarbett
    Free Member

I’ve had a couple of CDs and a game from Rakuten – no problems

muppetWrangler
    Free Member

Rakuten, I’ve ordered loads of stuff going back years from back when it was play.com. Always been fine. The other one i’ve not heard of but as it appears to be within the Rakuten framework I’d be tempted to trust it.

peteimpreza

That price is £1 more than direct from Apple or John Lewis. Nothing good about it at all.

Just buy it from Apple or John Lewis.

lunge

That price is £1 more than direct from Apple or John Lewis. Nothing good about it at all.

Are you sure Pete? A 16Gb iPad Air 2 is £399 at apple, you got a link to the £319 price?

cbmotorsport
    Free Member

Rakuten are big. They bought play.com

peteimpreza

😳

Sorry false alarm

peteimpreza

hmmmmmmmmmmmm, I think you should read some of the reviews, might explain why it is so cheap

“Excellent product, can’t find a cheaper price anywhere else! Thoroughly packed in a box with styrofoam and iPad wrapped in bubble wrap. Best place to buy one and it came the next day!”

chestrockwell

As mentioned, they’re just what play.com became and I used to use them all the time.

Didn’t the change happen when these companies stopped being able to use the the channel islands as a tax haven of sorts? Play used to be cheap as chips.

lunge

Pete, that is exactly why I posted, my spider sense is going off but, you know, maybe I’m being overcautious, and it is a good price. Hmmmmm

peteimpreza

“Didn’t the change happen when these companies stopped being able to use the the channel islands as a tax haven of sorts?”

Yes , exactly.

Cougar

Ratuken? Isn’t that what the bloke shouts when you cast a fireball in Streetfighter II?

Never used them, but used to use Play extensively.

konabunny
    Free Member

Rakuten is a massive Japanese retailer

Ratuken might be an imitator (I am not being sarcastic – are you following a legit link?)

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Anyone heard of the retailer Ratuken or Pixel Electronics’ is closed to new replies.