Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • anyone having trouble with superstar website?
  • spudly1979
    Free Member

Hi all, just been trying to buy some new pedals, but the superstar website won’t let me in! Checked password. And also had new password emailed to me.
    It has let me in once this morning, but instantly sent me back to login page as soon as I clicked any links.

Superstar are claiming its my browser, but I’ve tried it on my laptop, phone and iPad all to no avail! Anyone else having issues?

Kryton57

Yep, same issue here (IE8 and iphone).

wwaswas

Superstar are claiming its my browser, but I’ve tried it on my laptop, phone and iPad all to no avail! Anyone else having issues?

they’ll move on to suggesting you must have jetwashed your pc soon.

kayak23

Yes, same issues here yesterday on my laptop and same problem on my smartphone…
    I even tried to email them via the message page which didn’t work either.

Got a mate to order what I wanted which eventually seemed to work on his laptop…

chiefinspector
    Free Member

I tried to order brake pads for the first time from them yesterday after setting up an account but have had the same problems as mentioned above. This was even on my works computer.

weeksy

Seems OK today, managed to order a pair of rotors without issue. Good news is, the pissing about ordering doesn’t seem to be affecting them picking and posting the items.

thepodge
    Free Member

Try their eBay shop, occasionally it’s cheaper on there too

kayak23

I couldn’t find the pads I wanted on the ebay shop, specifically ‘S5’ for new XT’s…

BigJohn

Ordered pads Thursday evening arrived Saturday.

Aidan
    Free Member

I just spoke to them on the phone and they said that you need to change your browser settings to accept cookies from their site.

I’ve checked that but still no joy.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

had that issue since they started, I normally go elsewhere, well done for getting a reply

superdale
    Free Member

Same here – have to click 3-4 times to bring up the wheelsets then when you click on one it sends you back to the login page and / or deletes items from your basket? Have set browser to accept cookies no luck?

Stoner
    Free Member

maybe an old cookie is out of date?
    If some people are using mates o get on (prob mates who’ve never been on SSC before) then maybe a fresh cookie is needed.

Delete old one and reload page?

cheers_drive

I couldn’t log-in for 3 days, managed to get in on Sunday night to place a order. No response to my email to them saying that there is a problem.

kayak23

I deleted every cookie known to man and reloaded, it still did it.
    Always used to be fine, on the same computer, problems have only just started…

spudly1979
    Free Member

Ditto on the cookies, tried deleting them all, and have set computer to accept every cookie known to man! Will try eBay site.

nols
    Free Member

its not cookies – its their site. they broke their t’internets

wallop

I struggled to order some grips about two weeks ago. It was like pulling teeth out – had to log in every time I progressed to the next step in the order/payment process.

simon1975

Take your time. Wait for the page to have loaded fully before making another click. Worked for me after repeated errors last weekend.

Kryton57

OK I deleted my cookies and its now fine. In IE8, there’s an additional “Preserve Favorites website data” in the Tools/INternet options/Browsing history – delete option. Make sure that’s switched off.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Simple Answer

Shop Elsewhere

AntLockyer
    Free Member

^^^

This, if it doesn’t work **** em.

weeksy

mikewsmith – Member

Simple Answer

Shop Elsewhere

not always that simple. I was buying a chainguide.

http://superstar.tibolts.co.uk/product_info.php?cPath=56&products_id=475

£20 posted on there… .or £70 from anyone else… TBH, i can click a few times more before £50 becomes too much of a pain.

bullandbladder
    Free Member

Okay last night, I ordered brake pads. MUCH cheaper than the ebay shop, btw.

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

The topic ‘anyone having trouble with superstar website?’ is closed to new replies.