Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Anyone having problems with the latest Flash plug-in?
  • Elfinsafety
    Free Member

So, updated the Flash plug-in a few days ago, this hasn’t been a problem in the past.

However, it’s causing loads of problems. Crashes frequently, in Safari, Firefox and Chrome, and won’t display stuff like iPlayer properly full screen; leaves the menu bar visible at the top. Mac OS 10.6 btw.

It’s a nightmare. Any way I can uninstall it and use the older version what worked fine?

New plug in is 11.1. Anyone else experiencing problems?

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Nobody? Really?

It’s bloody annoying I can tell you. All was fine until I updated it.

Why oh why did I update it?

Why oh why can’t Adobe sort their flipping Flash products out? No wonder Steve Jobs din’t want Flash on Macs…

Mugboo

I had problems watching Iplayer. It said it was Flash instability or something like that. Gave up..

CountZero

This is why I refused to install any Flash plug-in on my new Mac Mini. I just installed Chrome for the rare occasions I might want to access something that requires Flash. Nearly three years of using an iPhone as primary web device has made me question how much I need Flash. Answer: not a lot, really.

CaptJon
    Free Member

On my iMac it works the processor so hard the fans come on at full blast. It isn’t as bad on my laptop running 10.6 though.

Keef
    Free Member

yes,keeps crashing on Firefox.

trailmonkey

have you used this ? it would probably explain why it no worky

cynic-al
    Free Member

Flash has been crashing my Chrome a fair bit, I didn’t realise it had updated itself.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

So, s’probbly a bug in it. Flippin Adobe bloody sort it out! 😡

Woon’t mind if you could roll it back to a previous version which worked ok, but you can’t. 🙁

This site is actually one of the worst for it. Truly bad; Flash crashes all the time. Have to turn off the plugin to view the site without problems.

LittleTones
    Free Member

Loads of problems, won’t even install on my setup. Don’t miss it though. As you say, probably a bug. I’ll wait for the next version.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Anyone having problems with the latest Flash plug-in?’ is closed to new replies.