Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Anyone having one of those days?
  • Bushwacked
    Free Member

I'm on consultation and my boss says he doesn't expect me to do too much for the next 30days so all I planned to do was go trailbuilding today…

But being the conscientious fool I am I've been working since 6am.

The worst thing of today is one of my main customers is going beserk as they want something delivered yesterday during our change freeze but I won't let them have it FoC. What do they think this is?

On the up side – I've had someone call me about a really exciting job and I'm trying desperately to get my work out of the way to focus on that.

Had to delay the trailbuilding until tomorrow, but the sun looks like its going to shine 🙂

toby1

I just fixed something and in the process of logging off the box closed the app I had fixed, mid process, so yeah, bit of a flap sorting the inital part out now loads of manual work to clean up afterwards – and no one to blame other than me!

Good luck with the job hunt, stop worrying about your old job so much, they are going to have to learn to cope without you 🙂

BoardinBob

It could be worse, you could be Tiger Woods

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/8401706.stm

solar
    Free Member

Woke up this morning with a stiff neck, feels like I slept on a rock. On the commute to work the front wheel washed out on a give way sign on the road (why in the world don't they use grippy reflective paint?) landed on my elbow, can't really move it without being in loads of pain. Cycled one handed 8miles back home via the docs. Sat down to have a coffee and burnt my thumb on our faulty kettle that I should have fixed weeks ago. On the upside the strong anti-inflammatory tablets the doc gave me will probably help my neck too and he reckons the arm ins't broken! 🙂

Jamie
    Free Member

Had a 2 hour driving lesson, test in less than two weeks, and had one of the worse drives since i started. Stalling, not observing properly and messing up all my parking manoeuvres. Does not bode well!

Potdog
    Free Member

Not today, but last week.
    1st ride with new pack, bladder leaked everywhere soaking all my stuff, phone, camera the lot. So I sorted things into different drier pockets, stuck my garmin on the handlebar mount and carried on.

Part way down the trail the garmin parted company with the mount, hit my foot and bounced off into the rocks. Now completely knackered.

Managed to dry phone and camera out thankfully, but looks like Garmin is going to be replaced again (only had it back 3 months since last replacement). The ironic thing is that the Garmin could have stayed in the soggy backpack quite happily, but for some reason I chose to stick it on the bars.

Just got to send the bladder back for replacement now. Oh and the pack is uncomfortable and not what I expected either 😥

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Anyone having one of those days?’ is closed to new replies.