Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Anyone Have Experience with DT RWS or 10mm Bolt Thru??
  • Northernlight
    Free Member

Just got a second hand set of DT1750 wheels and the front is fine running a maxle, however I have never used one or these RWS 10mm clamps on the rear before.

I put it into my slayer frame yesterday and wound it up to clamp it in position, however when i seemed to have it tight, the rear wheel also felt tight, i.e, it would not freewheel for anywhere near as long as it would before i'd clamped it in position.

Am I doing soemthing wrong??

tomhughes46

Sounds like it is putting the bearings into compression. Are they still smooth? Is it snagging on the dropouts anywhere?

Northernlight
    Free Member

I have done a bit of searching on the web and it looks like i'm not the firdt person to experience this. Apparently they are easy to overtighten. They don't tell you that anywhere on the adverts do they!

lagerfanny
    Free Member

I run the same wheelset with RWS and have had no overtightening issues so maybe something else?

DickBarton

Mate has a set of these on his Fritz…very nice but the rear one managed to get stuck and wouldn't come out – handle would spin away quite happily but it wouldn't turn the axle so the rear wheel was stuck…not sure how he got it out in the end…it needs regular greasing to keep it from seizing in the frame/dropouts.

Apart from that I think it is a great idea…

Northernlight
    Free Member

Hmmm, no idea then!

I didn't think i had tightened it that much. Can't see what else it could be though. Maybe the bearings in the wheel are on their way out and this extra compression is just worsening the situation?

DrDomRob
    Free Member

Are these the EX1750's?

Been looking into these for a few months, look proper spangley just cna't bring myself to put my money where my mouth is!

Northernlight
    Free Member

Yup, them's the ones. Wouldn't pay anything like full wack for them though, they are indeed nice, but seem very expensive at retail price.

Had Crossmax SL's before and they were a lot more bling, but not as strong.

gingerflash

My 240s with RWS are done up very tight indeed and the wheel spins very smoothly and free. It's not a problem with the RWS system.

I'd suspect knackered bearings.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Anyone Have Experience with DT RWS or 10mm Bolt Thru??’ is closed to new replies.