Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Anyone have a Sportage GTLine?
  • johndoh
    Free Member

Considering one of these as the next car and I cannot fathom (from the online specification data from Kia) what the front lights are – are they halogen? Xenon (assume not as the car doesn’t have light washers)? LED?

And generally – are they an okay car to drive/own?

Cheers

wrightyson
    Free Member

I’ve just had the kia optima sw. Owning (borrowing really) a Kia was never ever ever on my thought list. Now I appreciate it’s not the sportage but I can honestly say it’s solid, well built, comes with shit loads of spec that would cost you thousands on a German variety and I’m very happy with it.

somouk
    Free Member

Have a look at the new GT Line S that has just been released.

Some nice touches over the normal GT Line.

I’m waiting on a test drive of one but most of the reviews seem positive and to sit in they feel really well built.

johndoh
    Free Member

The S is out of my price range unfortunately as I would have liked the panoramic sunroof.

somouk
    Free Member

As an idea I asked for dealers to give me a price on a grey GT Line S and they were quoting £28700 if I had their finance so a fair saving to be had over the £32750 list.

johndoh
    Free Member

Yeah I have got a price from Carwow on the standard GT Line at £21,646 (list of £25,195)

CountZero

According to this spec from Kia: http://www.kia.com/uk/new-cars/all-new-sportage/specification/#;
    they’re bi-Xenon, with LED DRL’s and foglamps.

GlennQuagmire
    Free Member

But only on the ‘GT-Line S’, not the ‘GT-Line’…

johndoh
    Free Member

Yeah that’s why I’m confwesed- no washers means no xenon but no idea what they do have

GlennQuagmire
    Free Member

The GT-Line has manual headlight levelling. Xenon and LED would be automatic so money is on standard halogen.

Trekster

Not got a Sportage but on our 2nd Sorrento. MrsT loves it. As we carreer towards retirement she hopes we can afford to keep it and run it into the ground.
    We bought originally to tow our caravan but have since moved onto a motorhome. However we have 4 grandkids and having 7 seats will still be a consideration if we were to downsize, probably back to a Touran
    The Hyundai i35? is just as popular around here as is the Kuga and Mokkas are everywhere 😯

survivor

Take it for a long test drive. I found the seats uncomfortable after not very long.

Not GTline but leather added option.

CountZero

The Hyundai is35 and its bigger sibling the Tucson are lovely to drive, I’ve driven a number of Qashqai and a Sportage, and they’re OK, not sure I’d want to drive long distances, but they’re still more comfortable than the Kia’s I’ve driven.
    Very impressed with Kugas, got one to drive on Tuesday, and I really do like the Mokka, although they’re more compact than the Sorrento and the Tucson, and I think the Kuga, which may not suit.
    Appeals to me, because I like the high seating position, finding getting in and out of lower seated cars increasingly awkward of late, and they’re significantly shorter than my Octavia, which, given the problems finding free on-street parking, or at least spaces big enough to fit it in, would be a decided advantage.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Anyone have a Sportage GTLine?’ is closed to new replies.