Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 107 total)
  • anyone have a copy of the latest iDave?
  • headsup-spam
    Free Member

Cheers!

hooja
    Free Member

I would also like a copy if its available
    cheers

CaptJon
    Free Member

see the diet and training thread

iDave
    Free Member

email me for the proper up to date one

Edukator
    Free Member

You mean you’ve updated it to take into account all the constructive comment I’ve made over the last couple of weeks. Is the 2kg a week weight loss claim still there?

sc-xc

Cripes. Here we go again 🙁

Jamie
    Free Member

Ok. You’re getting a bit creepy now, Edukator. You have Dave being watched or something?

donsimon
    Free Member

Steady chaps, I think there might be something constructive that edukator would like to add.

molgrips
    Free Member

You mean you’ve updated it to take into account all the constructive comment I’ve made over the last couple of weeks

All you said was ‘it’s rubbish’. So if it were updated it would be a blank piece of paper wouldn’t it?

You are just trolling now, stop it.

sc-xc

You have Dave being watched or something?

If you want to do it properly…You could buy my camera off ebay for 1p

donsimon
    Free Member

You are just trolling now, stop it.

There appears to be alot of it about.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

You don’t want any old iDiet… you want The Southern Yeti modified iDiet.

iDave
    Free Member

Edukator you’re doing a brilliant job of coming across as bit pathetic. Do you fancy me or something?

Jamie
    Free Member

Drac, Merlinman, Chipps, Anon mods, Batman;

NUKE THIS THREAD FROM ORBIT!

ronjeremy
    Free Member

Feel the love in the room tonight people

I’m open minded so if possible could I get a copy just to have a look at from an objective point of view please

Thank you iDave

rj

Edukator
    Free Member

Kindly link your quote Molgrips. I’d appreciate if you stopped putting words in my mouth. You having called me a “prick”, a “pillock” and “a tit” is not misquoting, care to apologise?

Molgrips calling me a pillock, ignorant and accusing me of rubbishing iDave on the last thread – sixth post from the bottom.

Other STWers can read the thread from there on in and judge for themselves who is making positive suggestions about a healthy diet compatible with sporting excellence.

molgrips
    Free Member

Ok I’ll remove the quote. You seemed to say it’s rubbish.

Why would iDave, an experienced coach, change his ideas on diet because a retired geology teacher he doesn’t know told him to on an internet forum?

Really?

Other STWers can read the thread from there on in and judge for themselves who is making positive suggestions about a healthy diet compatible with sporting excellence.

Yeah and they can see all the other iDiet threads over the last year and see how I’ve contributed.

ton

2lb loss from me this week Dave. and back in a 38” waist trouser, i was in a 42” on HTN day.

8)

davidjones15
    Free Member

I’ve read a few of these threads and the general consensus would be that iDave is on the right tracks with the insulin response stuff. I’m pretty bad with science so forgive me.
    I started off at 85kg and more or less after a couple of weeks on the iDave I’ve my belt needs an extra hole. How this translates into kgs, I don’t know. As the missus is my judge, iDave gats the vote.

miketually
    Free Member

Nice one ton 🙂

Edukator
    Free Member

I’ve never taught geology in my life and I’m not retired. I don’t work at the moment though because I neither need nor want to. I have however been a national champion in motorsport and a national veteran vice-champion in triathlon. I do have quite a lot of experience is eating for optimum performance.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Edukator – If you want to talk about your views… I’ll even share with you my diet preperation etc for a Sportive today.

Well done Ton, keep at it… your what iDave’s diet sheet is all about!

winston_dog
    Free Member

iDave is right.

Low carb is the way to go.

If you read up on insulin response to glucose and how it causes fat to accumulate then it all makes sense. Tie it into watching the GI of food then weight loss is easy.

My prediction is that in 5 – 10 years time the medical profession will finally admit they were wrong and stop telling fat people to eat diets high in carbohydrate. You heard it here first.

donsimon
    Free Member

Low carb is the way to go.

😆

miketually
    Free Member

I’m one of those “aren’t you lucky being able to eat what you want and stay skinny?” types. (Though I’ve noticed that fat people who say that to me eat rather more than I do.)

If I eat whatever I want, I seem to head toward 11 3/4 stone and then not get any higher. I’m 5’11”.

If I eat a “normal” diet, but avoid lots of chocolate, beer and chips, I sit at around 11 1/2 stone.

Recently, I’ve been eating more of an iDave-aware diet and this leaves me hovering around 11-and-a-bit stone. But more importantly, I feel much healthier while eating like this.

Might have a bash at doing iDave properly for a couple of week, just to see what happens.

molgrips
    Free Member

I do have quite a lot of experience is eating for optimum performance

And iDave doesn’t?

Edukator
    Free Member

The last time I looked in on your thread it had descended into banter, Yeti, I’ll have a look.

2lb is more sensible than 2kg, Ton, if it’s working for you, great.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

My experience exactly Miketually.

I would like a copy of the plan though… I’m pimping it around my gym as it’s the only quick way I can surmise to others how to get lean.

Edukator – it did, but it’s better to get it back on topic than de-rail this one.

molgrips
    Free Member

I’ve never taught geology in my life and I’m not retired.

I apologise – I mis-read something it seems*.

I kept trying to tell you Edukator that if you do loads of exercise then iDave already recommends you eat simple carbs.

You don’t seem to notice when I post this though.

* see how easy it is to admit mistakes?

ton

cheers mike and yeti.

got to be honest, i really love the idiet/primal plan way of eating now.
    shopping is easier (but a bit dearer), cooking is good fun, my taste buds are changing too i reckon, i neer used to like chillies and spicy stuff, now i want chillies and spices on everything.
    and it is easy to do. just buy and eat everthing in it’s natural or least messed with state.
    the most messed about thing i eat now is shop bought hummus when i have not made a homemade batch.
    and i feel fantastic too, never bloated or tired after a meal, and i seem to be able to ride a bit more cos of the weight loss, and even with the dodgy ticker…….what not to like eh?

miketually
    Free Member

I fuelled my last bike ride with a breakfast of fried chorizo and fried egg. Drank no added sugar juice only for first 90 minutes or so, then had some banana loaf. Had a mid-ride hot cross bun. Bought a 2 pack of pork pies from a Co-Op on the way home (600 calories for a quid = ace!) and ate one there and then, with another slice of banana loaf, and one at home. Lovely 🙂

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

just buy and eat everthing in it’s natural or least messed with state.
    the most messed about thing i eat now is shop bought hummus when i have not made a homemade batch.

I’m a tad shallow… but how good is the feeling when you look down at your trolley full of fresh, healthy food whislt thinking how much more you’re going to enjoy your creations than the ready made meal in the next basket?

ton

yeti, i find myself looking at other people’s trolley and thinking ‘bloody hell, dont some folk eat shyte’. 😆

Edukator
    Free Member

I don’t agree with iDave, that seems to upset you to the point you use insult rather than argument backed up by research, Molgrips.

iDave has a red list with no fruit, no grains, no potatoes, no rice, no bread that I consider unecessary/counter productive for the vast majority of people who are neither diabetic nor gluten allergic. The insulin argument he presents does not hold up to experimentation. People secrete the insulin necessary. A paper linked shows GI is broadly linked to insulin indexes and normal healthy people should not worry about eating any low GI foodstuffs – nearly all fruit, all grains in wholemeal form and potatoes..

Jamie
    Free Member

Snobs the lot of you. Passing judgement on my shopping trolley.

ronjeremy
    Free Member

Edukator, if you don’t agree with it then don’t use it, if people chose to use it and it works for them the jolly good, nothing ventured nothing gained. I myself have just emailed iDave for a copy so I can have a look see for myself and make an informed decision and judgement after giving it a go for a while, after all surely it can’t do any harm. Also even though I haven’t actually met the guy, from what I know of Ton, from his conversations on here, he seems a fairly clued up and straight talking guy, so if he finds it working for him then there must be something to it, and it is not just Ton, but various others on here. Well done Ton, by the way and good to hear you are back on the bike

Edukator
    Free Member

The best shopping trolley I’ve seen was in a village in the reunified east of Germany. A couple with a 10gk sack of potatoes and a bottle of vodka. Nothing else. The checkout girl’s accent was a surprise too, straight out of a WWII propaganda film.

wrecker
    Free Member

Idave, sorry to trouble you. How would you amend the diet for someone who is trying to lose a little fat whilst training hard to put weight on? I am taking whey protein and not worried about being ripped just carrying a little more than I’d like around the middle and am training very hard.

winston_dog
    Free Member

If you are interested in the role of carbohydrate and your overall health read this The Diet Delusion

It goes into the papers and research that back up the currently diet advice given in the Western World.

Carbs are big business and a lot of people want to keep it that way. Just look at the breakfast cereal in a supermarket, the profit margin on that stuff puts Oakley to shame!

For the vast majority you get all the carbohydrate you need from fresh veg and low GI fruit. Pasta, bread, cereal etc is not necessary.

Yes insulin in a non-diabetic will cope with the sugar but so will your liver if you drink alcohol in excess. No-one can argue drinking in excess is good for you and eventually your liver “breaks”, same as a pancreas can if you eat a lot of unnecessary carb.

Come the low carb revolution brothers!

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Wrecker – I can’t speak for iDave, but I’d say ditch the protein powder. Get your protein from the numerous sources within the diet.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 107 total)

The topic ‘anyone have a copy of the latest iDave?’ is closed to new replies.