Viewing 40 posts - 201 through 240 (of 1,012 total)
  • Training and diet talk…
  • Clobber
    Free Member

Brucewee, my email address is in my profile feel free to email me questions and I will try to help, you won’t get a straight answer on here. I’m losing weight and feeling healthier on the iDiet.

Many thanks to iDave for sharing his knowledge, I for one am truly grateful!

BruceWee

I feel kind of like a kid who is jumping up and down trying to get attention while the adults are arguing and I’m a bit worried that suddenly everyone is going to turn round and shout at me but…

Could someone please answer a couple of questions?

Edit: Thanks Clobber, email on the way.

Edukator
    Free Member

I’ve changed my views over the years too, iDave, like you I’m presenting my current view, and listening and learning.

I’m a geologist, what I consider the current best fit hypothesis is always being tested and challenged. Givng yes or no answers to complex questions isn’t a good idea, especially when they’re posed by man with black and white views on the colourful issue of nutrition. I think diets that ban this or that and promote extremes are counter productive. I think banning grains, pasta, bread … is counterproductive both for endurance athletes and for someone intending to lose weight sustainably.

I’m presenting an alternative view on nutrition to your own, iDave. You are the one getting annoyed and demanding yes/no answers.

Clobber
    Free Member

I’ve tried to be quiet on here but…. Edukator, it’s not a high protein diet, you are missing the very basics, you must be trolling…

molgrips
    Free Member

So Molgrips calls me a tit in addition to prick and pillock while adding nothing as usual.

I have added lots. In fact I am commenting on every single one of these damn threads with tips, points of view and suggestions, and I also ask leading questions. I do not offer concrete answers much because I do not believe that I have them.

When I call you names it is descriptive of the way in which you are behaving. You are rubbishing someone else’s knowledge and experience whilst having little of your own. That is the act of a pillock, I’m afraid.

As for gluten – the theory here is that whilst most people do not have a severe actute reaction to it, it is not particularly good for you and can cause subtle low-grade detrimental effects to health. I used to eat loads of it and I was absolutely sure I never had a problem. I thought all the people who cut out bread and reported feeling much better were just imagining it. However, since eating very little on the iDiet I notice that when I do eat bread, I feel a little more lethargic and bloated. There are innumerable people on the internet reporting the same thing, incidentally.

Re high protein – the diet is not specifically high protein. You eat the same amount of meat as normal, and typically the beans you eat end up replacing the meat anyway. I mostly eat meat+2 veg but minus the potatoes and with more veg. I can’t see how this is a high protein diet, to be honest.

Is that adding enough for you? Can you please accept that it is not a high protein diet?

Again, it is not your views on diet I have a problem with, it is your ignorant attitude.

Edukator
    Free Member

Solo, I’ve also linked the medierranean diet and suggested using it in conjunction with 4-2-1, I’ve mentioned trying the paleodiet myself and its negative influence on my performance. I’ve mentioned using the dissociated Swedish pre-race diet with mixed results.

Why should’nt I promote a diet that the Etude de Lyon has shown to have a positive influence on cardio-vascular health and reduced cancer risk: the mediterranean diet. There is no one mediterranean diet but variations based on regional culture and resources. Combining ideas from the mediterranean diet with proportions of carbs that worked well for athletes when the pharma repetoire was more limited is hardly an extreme view. Less extreme than banning foodstuffs which the majority of the population, athletes or not, can eat without problem.

Edukator
    Free Member

I’m presenting an alternative view to iDave, Molgrips. That seems to make you angry and aggressive given your posts. So you call me a pillock again, feel bigger for it? Would you call me a tit/prick/pillock to my face? I suspect you would so it’s just as well this is on the Net and there are 9° of latitude between us.

trickydisco
    Free Member

I think banning grains, pasta, bread … is counterproductive both for endurance athletes and for someone intending to lose weight sustainably.

but if you read the idiet the aren’t banned entirely

donsimon
    Free Member

I’m presenting an alternative view to iDave, Molgrips.

In the same way that drum brakes are an alternative to disc brakes, no?
    Where’s the progress?

ton

the mediterranean diet is very good,Edukator talks sense.

Edukator
    Free Member

True disco, what idave actually said on the other thread:

‘m against generous amounts of grains, pasta, rice, potatoes etc. Yeah. Very much so.

It would be useful if IDave posted up his diet so we didn’t have to rely on second-hand information gleaned from the various users over various threads over the months. Are they allowed on the “rest day” or every day. I had the impression they are banned most of the time. Of couse posting the iDave diet up would give us concrete information to go on but I don’t think iDave wants that.

DIY time as it’s raining.

edit: I think the main thing is that you’re doing something about your weight, Ton and if iDave is a motivator then it’s positive. You might find there are element in the mediterranean diet that fit in with iDave’s ideas. Olive oil is an obvious one, the vegetables are already there though I prefer the fuit alternative.

molgrips
    Free Member

I’m presenting an alternative view to iDave, Molgrips. That seems to make you angry and aggressive given your posts

It’s the way you are doing it, Edukator, and the way you are ignoring other evidence and experience. That always winds me up.

I’ve tried both your way and iDave’s way of eating. For me, and many others, there is a significant difference. And don’t try and write it off by telling me it’s just calorie reduction and I’m too dim to have noticed.

It would be useful if IDave posted up his diet

Are you having a laugh? There’s at least two threads a month where the exact diet plan is posted up.

I’ll have alook see if I have it.

Edukator
    Free Member

It’s just calorie reduction, Molgrips. I don’t think you’ve ever eaten the way I do. You wouldn’t have got to 85kg if you had.

crikey
    Free Member

I’ll have alook see if I have it.

LOL! That’s like a Bishop saying ‘Yes, I might have a bible somewhere’…

trickydisco
    Free Member

Of couse posting the iDave diet up would give us concrete information to go on but I don’t think iDave wants that.

it gets posted up all the time!. even on this thread (page 6)

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0Bw_T87IBJ5crZTE0YmU1OTMtOGM0Yy00MTk5LTk1OGUtMjY5NzY1NDk4YWNi/edit?authkey=CNeXx-wG&pli=1

also read the 4 hour body for the science behind a lot of it

molgrips
    Free Member

Molgrips. I don’t think you’ve ever eaten the way I do. You wouldn’t have got to 85kg if you had

W T F?

You’ve got absolutely no idea, if you say stuff like that.

Are you saying that if two people ate the exact same food they’d end up the exact same weight? You don’t even know how tall I am do you?

Ro5ey
    Free Member

Blooming hell lads,

I thought the religous threads get a bit punchy… but they are nothing compaired to you lot getting worked up over potatoes.

Really guys chill out… I think TSY has had his fair share of entertainment now.

greyman
    Free Member

“Training and Diet”

I think you need the Kenyan diet n’est ce pas ?

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

I notice that when I do eat bread, I feel a little more lethargic and bloated.

I have to report the opposite.

Tricky – I’ve no idea what my BF% is, I don’t even think I’m that fast. I’m especially shit at swimming.

I love it though. Absolutely love it.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

I think TSY has had his fair share of entertainment now.

Who made you God Ro5ey??

molgrips
    Free Member

I love it though. Absolutely love it.

Freak.

Ro5ey
    Free Member

Hey TSY … re swimming

When I was down the pool watching my 4 year old having a lesson, (sadly the main pool is closed, otherwise I’d have been in there) I came upon the swimming club notice board. On which, was a table for the qualifying times juniors had to get to be able to race in the eastern area finals.

The qualifying time for 1500m at 10 years old … that’s 10 years…. was….. 20:34 !!!!

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Ro5ey – when did you become the Devil?

It’s properly mental… I’m going to get some 1-2-1 training me thinks.

MOlly – I’d argue that it was you who is mental if you don’t love it?
    What’s the point if you don’t? Vanity?

Ro5ey
    Free Member

1-2-1 training ??

What with a dolphin?

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

That would seem fit for porpoise.

Ro5ey
    Free Member

Got for it… you’ll have a whale of a time.

molgrips
    Free Member

What’s the point if you don’t?

I want to be able to do it. Well, I want to do a triathlon. That’s basically it. With running, I wanted not to hate it – to be better so I could enjoy it. I can’t see how there would ever be anything enjoyable about slogging up and down a pool, but I would like the satisfaction of completing a monster multi-discipline event like an ironman or the Ben.

And yes, there is a bit of masochism in there, but only subtly. I like the satisfaction of having conquered something difficult and a bit grim.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Molgrips – you truly are a freak!

Ro5ey – well that’s sealed it then.

Jamie
    Free Member

Who made you God Ro5ey??

Dunno, but (s)he is right though, you cheeky litte monkey.

I personally like the Molgrips/TSY interaction as usual.

Good work all round.

molgrips
    Free Member

I think you will find lots of cyclists share the same mindset. Actually, many roadies don’t even have a goal, they just grind down mile after mile on tarmac for the hell of it.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

But they enjoy it, surely? That’s what their ‘for the hell of it’ is?

alex222
    Free Member

But they enjoy it, surely?

i do – off to hopefully complete approximately 600 miles of road cycling in Mallorca in a week tomorrow 😀

triathlon is a dirty word in my opinion

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

I personally like the Molgrips/TSY interaction as usual.

We love each other really.

I’m quite enjoying the way alex222 is coming along… I see potential in this one.

molgrips
    Free Member

The A48 in the rain is not Mallorca in spring, is it?

Clobber
    Free Member

Edukator – Member
    It’s just calorie reduction

HAHAHA… love this one…

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

The A48 in the rain is not Mallorca in spring

The rain in Spain, falls mainly on the plane?

alex222
    Free Member

The A48 in the rain is not Mallorca in spring, is it?

yes but high rigs/strines and other assorted south yorkshire/derbyshire horrors during winter in the snow, rain and other unpleasant weather conditions in preparation for mallorca is also not mallorca.

molgrips
    Free Member

Right.. that’s what I am talking about 🙂

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

But does he love it though? Frozen hands, aching legs, even when it’s miserable I love it.

If I’m not going to love it, I don’t ride.

If I’m suffering or struggling I repeat a little mantra in my head… then I love it again 🙂

alex222
    Free Member

f I’m suffering or struggling I repeat a little mantra in my head

is that ‘when I get home I’m going to filate myself and do a poo at the same time’?

its what i say to myself

Viewing 40 posts - 201 through 240 (of 1,012 total)

The topic ‘Training and diet talk…’ is closed to new replies.

RAFFLE ENDS FRIDAY 8PM