Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • anyone had trouble with on-one carbon frames?
  • slugrider
    Free Member

thinking of going carbon, any thougts?

campkoala
    Free Member

a local riding buddy had his carbon 26″ XC (whippet?) frame’s seat tube (of all places) snap JRA not long after buying it. replaced quickly and his replacement has been fine (Exact same build). He hasn’t heard of any others suffering any problems.

kristoff
    Free Member

I’ve been running a 456carbon for the last 11months used at least 4times a week and I’m a big clumsy rider.

No issues here 🙂 wouldn’t hesitate to have another.

Northwind

Mine (c456) suffered from really poor finish. They aren’t compatible with helicopter tape and apparently the adhesive attacks the finish and damages it (though I notice they still don’t warn buyers about that) That, and On One’s dishonesty afterwards, really soured me.

But to be fair as a bike, it was decent- it rode well, not a huge fan of the geometry but the frame feel was good, reminded me a lot of my Soul which is a very good thing. Had a lot of fun on it. So I think I got what I paid for at £300, you can’t really expect quality and good service at that price.

(If they’d just put a bloomin warning about the tape on the website I’d have avoided the problem and been a lot happier. But I learned a lot about the company as a result and won’t shop there again)

Junkyard
    Free Member

awesome frame but the paint job is poor

One night ride is enough to rub it off from the battery velcro strap!!
    I do get chain suck which they all say is impossible [ i would agree were it not happening tbh] with a frame but it only happens on that bike- its brand new xtr rings, chain and cassette so i doubt it is them

Would recommend at the price though

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

I’ve been on a 26″ for 2 years as my main bike and think it’s brill. Gone thru a few headsets, but that’s not a frame issue. if you want it slack then get a slackset, but I was pretty happy with it standard as well.

slugrider
    Free Member

thinking of a 29et lurcher/race anyone got or had one?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘anyone had trouble with on-one carbon frames?’ is closed to new replies.