Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Anyone had their fox shock "pushed"
  • ceepers

I’ve got a bandit 27.5 – great bike. I’ve read that getting the shock push tuned really improves the bike over the stock shock tune.

It’s got a sector fork set at 150 so that’s slackened the head angle to 67.5

I’m a weedy 10.5 stone on a heavy day and I seem to need to run a pretty low pressure (like 110psi) to get full travel out of the shock. That gives me about 25-30% sag as far as I can eyeball. More than that and the o ring doesn’t ever reach the end of the shaft even on a rocky peaks descent. I’m not a total mincer downhill either.

Lots of owners agree that the stock bandit shock blew through its travel easily and although I’ve never felt it bottom out, it does seem eager to use plenty of travel especially when I’m seated and pedalling uphill, it sits a long way into the travel (over 30%) even with the ctd lever in climb. It makes the front end really light.

Descending it’s fast and feels very planted but it’s easy to clip a pedal if the trail “g’s out” presumably because it rushes through the travel easily?

I just checked and turns out I’ve been running the rebound damping really fast – pretty much full speed.

What is a push tune going to do?

rockthreegozy
    Free Member

I had a Bandit, the Push tuning did help but I think it deserves a better shock to be honest. I tried the largest volume reducer also and it again helped but it still gets overwhelmed.

10.5-11 st

ceepers

What was different after the push tune?

Other option would be a CCDb inline or rs debonair?

Northwind

There’s 2 sides to it. Partly it’s about retuning- if the current tune isn’t right for you, and you know what you want, then that’s a big bonus.

Mine that I had in the Hemlock was a slightly older model, and tbh it wasn’t a big difference- the base tune was close to what I wanted anyway but the Push did give it slightly better small bump/less breakaway, which was a definite bonus. I suppose it was a bit like a long-lived “freshly serviced feel”. I didn’t really think it was worth the money but it wasn’t a disaster.

TBH it could well be that the latest shocks have closed that gap.

zippykona

Definitely try the spacers first. I was disappointed after my push tune , I kept expecting the shock to loosen up. It never did and in my opinion was a waste of money.
    The spacer transformed my whole bike.

ceepers

I think the stock shock already has a big spacer in?

So if I add a spacer it will make it more progressive? I’d more mid stroke support?

Is that something I can find and fit myself?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Anyone had their fox shock "pushed"’ is closed to new replies.