Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Anyone had Supagard on a car?
  • jamesgarbett
    Free Member

Worth it?

dave_rudabar
    Free Member

Depends – are you paying someone to do it, or doing it yourself?
    It’s a pain to do at this time of year, so pay-a-man, otherwise it’s useful yeah.

LHS
    Free Member

Yep, had it on a number of cars, definitly worth it. The interior stuff is excellent.

Surf-Mat
    Free Member

Also had the last two cars done but for free. The BM in particular is incredibly shiny and the interior spotless over a year after having it done.

The stuff doesn’t cost them much so markup is high but overall, I’d say yes.

They gave me a big box of Supagard goodies with the BM too – well over £150 worth of stuff in a nice branded case.

jamesgarbett
    Free Member

Dealer’s doing it on a 3 year old car which they think was treated when new

MountainMutant
    Free Member

I’d say yes.

The RS6 is covered in it and no need to wax every wash. Looks like new and it’s 7 years old.

MM

mtbmatt
    Free Member

You can usually get it thrown in, or at the very least get a much cheaper price.

Surf-Mat
    Free Member

Apparently the stuff costs them about £30.

LimboJimbo

It’s good on a newish car and prevents stuff like tree sap and bird poo marking the paint. Having seen the results of a customer trying to remove the latter with a scouring pad I think there is some value in it 🙄 .As Surf-Mat says the mark up is high so if it’s part of a car purchase, ask for a bit of a deal.

LimboJimbo

I can confirm it definitely does not cost £30 however.

squealer
    Free Member

have a look on ebay – you can usually get the pads with the liquid in to do the outside for under £20 – they’re exactly what the dealers use as well.

squealer
    Free Member

forgot to mention i got it free on my new car so try haggling and you can usually get it thrown in as part of the deal.

CheesybeanZ

total cost to a dealer inc cost of full valet and all chemicals £70-£90
    its a great product and should last for years .
    i`ve sold it on new and used cars of over 20 years , never had a single problem .

GTDave
    Free Member

Depends on what you pay. For the exterior, it’s no better than a thorough wash, clay and wax imo.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Anyone had Supagard on a car?’ is closed to new replies.