Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Anyone had problems with Pace RC40 leaking oil from RH side when upside down?
  • clubber
    Free Member

I bought a set of 2007 RC40s off the classifieds and have noticed that they’re leaking oil from the RH side (that has the lockout) when I store my bike upright (held by the front wheel).

To be clear, they guy I bought the forks off said that they needed a service so I’m not upset if that’s why they’re leaking but I thought I’d check whether they do that anyway (I can’t imagine that it’s normal but you never know).

One thing I have noticed is that the lockout threshold adjuster (silver dial under the blue rebound/lockout adjuster) seems capable of unscrewing completely though it doesn’t fall off because the blue adjuster holds it in place.

Ta

mrmichaelwright
    Free Member

the oil will get into the carbon and be able to exit through the seals. it isn’t a good idea to store pace forks like this, both my RC40s and RC41s have done this. If you do store the bike like this you have to prime the lockout system before every ride otherwise the oil is forced out under pressure. this can also be caused by the compression damping control being less the 2.5 full turns from fully closed

that’s what Tim at Fork English told me anyway, i store mine hung by the back wheel now and it helps

clubber
    Free Member

Thanks for that – going to be awkward with how all my bikes are currently hung but I guess that I’ll build another stand.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Anyone had problems with Pace RC40 leaking oil from RH side when upside down?’ is closed to new replies.