Viewing 31 posts - 41 through 71 (of 71 total)
  • Anyone had colonic irrigation?
  • hora
    Free Member

Loose-leaf green tea. Try that. You will feel ashamed and appalled when you look in the toilet the next day. Yes, in theory you really could take the 12inch black strap on 😯 😳

gonefishin
    Free Member

John Wayne was found to have over a stone of impacted waste inside him after his death.

Hora, click the link that I posted earlier to a snopes article. That statment is load of impacted feaces.

hora
    Free Member

Is snope the new wiki? Never come across it before.

D0NK

snopes was setup to debunk urban myths, been around for a while I think

miketually
    Free Member

Read something years ago, journalist went on this holiday detox in thailand or somewhere, fasted for a week and everyone got a funnel and bit of tubing and a colander and sent to cubicles to self irrigate everyday.

I remember reading that too. In FHM while I was at uni, I think. It were reet grim.

wwaswas

I visited Burkina Faso for a month and piocked up a bug.

At one point I seemed to be drinking water at roughly the same rate I was losing 'fluid' at the other end.

I certainly felt light headed and 'cleaned out' after a few days of that.

I've heard thatt making tea out of bracken is a very good emetic.

D0NK

I remember reading that too. In FHM while I was at uni, I think. It were reet grim.

Nah pretty sure it was one of my dads papers/supplements so either guardian or observer. What i read didn't sound grim, like i said sounded interesting and a bit different but when it comes down to it, conventional/bike holiday vs starving and colonics the starving aint gonna get a look in.

TheLittlestHobo
    Free Member

There was a celebrity colonic irrigation programme on a few years ago. I think they went abroad and tried a whole host of methods of cleansing their bodies.

The stuff that came out of them was unbelievable

tails
    Free Member

oh dear what have I started. 😡

hora
    Free Member

I've heard thatt making tea out of bracken is a very good emetic.

Honestly – loose leaf green tea. Put a fair bit into a cup. Then post back on here. You will be appalled (not watery- the opposite).

grahamb
    Free Member

Donk, i remember that article. You're right, it was in a weekend supplement for either the Guardian, Observer or Indy.

miketually
    Free Member

Donk, i remember that article. You're right, it was in a weekend supplement for either the Guardian, Observer or Indy.

Probably written up for a few different outlets.

hora
    Free Member

Can I be the first to say you are all* full of shit?

*Apart from Dick Barton and Simon Ralli.

😆

grahamb
    Free Member

From what i've read in those articles, the blockages tend to be from lumps of undigestable meat. I've often wondered what they find from the output of those who (like me) have been long term veggie or vegan, with a diet that tends to have a higher fibre content & no gristle.

coffeeking
    Free Member

I'd be fascinated to see these horrendous lumps of undigestable meats coming from an animal that is designed to eat meat. It really is just an excuse to have a pipe up your bum and make you feel better about yourself. Nutrients to make up for stuff lost during the procedure – are you in there for days?! I feel fairly sure you can't leech out a significant quantity of nutriets in 1hr, and maybe the tablets are just another method of bending you over for more cash. Of course they can tell what you've been eating, they're looking at the remnants, but do you really need someone to tell you that based on your poo? That's like looking at the smoke from someones dying engine and telling them they should have changed the oil more often.

hora
    Free Member

Funny thing is its not meat thats bad for you- come on. How come Vegetarians arent fine-honed adonis's then?!

jamesgarbett
    Free Member

I remember that article too – after a week of doing this in Thailand the guy produced a marble that he swallowed when he was about 9.

avdave2

What you want is one of those Japanese toilets they should sort you out. Gave me a shock the first time I sat on one and started to play with the buttons.

atlaz
    Free Member

The Thai resort you're talking about was on TV too. Think Celeb Big Brother but with tubes in their arses. They sent zzzzzz-listers (Richard Blackwood, Keith Duffy, Kim Wilde and Tamara Beckwith if this link is right) to "compete" for who could get most crap out of themselves.

This might be the article from the Times you're looking for:
    http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/travel/article2503425.ece

Geronimo
    Free Member

As somebody who has never had any sort of constipation and has a frequent, regular 'toilet schedule', I struggle to see the benefit of hosing-out by lower intestine. I find it hard to believe that substantial volumes of solid waste are stored for long periods in the gut.

It all seems a bit Gillian McKeith to me.

As such, it is filed in the placebo/bullsh*t section in my mind.

hora
    Free Member

hey sent zzzzzz-listers (Richard Blackwood, Keith Duffy, Kim Wilde and Tamara Beckwith if this link is right) to "compete" for who could get most crap out of themselves.

Sheesh, how to commit Seppuku with your show business career

GrahamS

Is snopes the new wiki? Never come across it before.

http://xkcd.com

Zulu-Eleven
    Free Member

The tube is made of glass

Am I the only one who's having flashback images to "one guy, one jar" 😯

trout
    Free Member

No Ones mentioned that great cleanser of the bowels

PICALAX

project
    Free Member

I did on the last page,and about a barium enema

zokes
    Free Member

trout – Member

No Ones mentioned that great cleanser of the bowels

PICALAX

Yes he has, Blutone himself is amongst us

DickBarton

Right this loose leaf green tea thing…what do 'we' do and how long does it take to work? I'm tempted in a sort of amatuer medical/biology experimnet kind of way…so let me know so I can prepare the runway in case I get caught short!

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Re the waterskiing, ladies are advised not to wear bikinis when waterskiing due to the cheese cutter effect.

I wakeboard. No colonic irrigation involved.

david_r
    Free Member

I think all this internal cleaning is a load of rubbish.

I can think of several episodes suffering from the severe squits (courtesy of poor Asian food hygiene) where there is no chance of ANYTHING being left behind, other than a considerably lighter David_r. In fact I think in some cases I've lost an internal organ and my spine was left protruding.

sangobegger
    Free Member

Funny! – but the Picolax tread is way funnier tho!

finbar
    Free Member

I drink looseleaf green tea most days. There's half a mug full next to me right now. I've never noticed it having any influence on my poo at all.

Viewing 31 posts - 41 through 71 (of 71 total)

The topic ‘Anyone had colonic irrigation?’ is closed to new replies.