Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 85 total)
  • Anyone had a pay rise recently??
  • wrightyson
    Free Member

Are all industries struggling. Some still giving pay rises. Reckon it’s 3 yrs next month since I’ve had one, in fact I’ve effectively had pay cuts as bonuses were cut to nothing this yr!!

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

I have

bruneep

No and not for the foreseeable future.

Thanks “Dave”

binners

Most definitely not! Supply and demand innit?

I decided to have a look around on a couple of job sites recently. Just out of interest. I reckon salaries are down 25-30% right the way across the board (in my field). Freelance hourly rates have been the same, with no increase, for over 5 years. But I’ve now been informed from mates who freelance that clients are know knocking these down, with a take-it-or-leave-it proviso

PJM1974
    Free Member

Not a chance here. Thankfully I work in a job that I love, so it’s not all doom and gloom.

stumpyjon

Only through redundancy and getting another job. Seem to be a lot of companies taking the wee wee out there. My prediction is once the financial mess is over a lot of very pee’d off employees will start moving around and there’ll be a lot of turmoil in the job market.

jota180
    Free Member

None for me in the last 2 years either
    and getting the push in 4 weeks to boot 🙁

atlaz
    Free Member

I hadn’t had one in 4 years. I moved job (and country) for a good increase.

Here in Luxembourg the government mandates cost of living salary increases interestingly enough.

titusrider
    Free Member

Yup plenty of pay rises in my line of work, (and the fact im fairly junior so its still not too diff to improve!)

Microsoft BI and datawarehousing

creamegg
    Free Member

Sort of- not a pay rise as such but stopped making NI contributions recently

Amos
    Free Member

Yes, after 7 years we had a company wide 4% pay rise, oddly after our worst season ever!!

GTDave
    Free Member

I had a pay rise a couple of weeks ago, followed this week by redundancy!

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Yep. Last year, though, so not that recent. 8)

MSP

No, and the company I work for is doing quite nicely, not struggling at all, just using the “world economic woe” as an excuse to increase fatcat salary’s at the top competitiveness.

wrightyson
    Free Member

Just wondered which areas of work were still getting them. Subbies in the building trade have been hammered over the last coupla yrs. I’m lucky in the fact I’m salaried but it is most definitely squeaky bum time for us in the next coupla months if we don’t sell something house wise!! I could be getting the full and final pay cut 😯

toxicsoks
    Free Member

As an NHS slave………….er, no and not likely to for the forseeable future. 😐

phil.w
    Free Member

No, even though as a company we increased sales 64% last year. And targeted to reach 50% increase over next year.

Lifer
    Free Member

Company wide paycut a few years ago, 3 rounds of redundancies so just happy I’m employed!

DezB
    Free Member

Yep. Annual payrise + bonus.

scruff
    Free Member

As another NHS robot, not for 3 years but Pensions contributions going up AGAIN.

mrflaky
    Free Member

Yep, got one last month and another one due in May fingers crossed. The company I worked for are doing pretty damn well, which helps!

zokes
    Free Member

Yes thanks, and due a promotion soon 🙂

But then I don’t live in an economy that doesn’t really have anything to offer the world any more…

wrecker
    Free Member

10% last year. We had a few guys leave and I think my director is/was petrified of losing any more senior people.

druidh
    Free Member

My pension is going by about 4% – does that count?

juanking

Yep, one in August and one this month totalling 25% along with a 20% bonus. Market driven as the oil and gas sector is booming.

samuri
    Free Member

Yep, quite a big one actually. nice big bonus too.

If I ever went without any pay rise in a year, I’d leave.

BoardinBob

Yes. Every year. Wouldn’t work somewhere that didn’t provide annual pay rises.

binners

It must be lovely to have the choice. Quite a luxury nowadays. Ask the 2.7 million presently well and truly choice-less

After a period of unemployment, I’m just very glad to be working. Even earning considerably less than I was before

willard

last year, but by less than the rate of inflation. Before that, nothing for a couple of years. No bonus to speak of either.

*grumble*

donsimon
    Free Member

Yes. Every year. Wouldn’t work somewhere that didn’t provide annual pay rises.

😆

MrSparkle

Not for last 4 years. Massively depressing.

Haze

5% just before Christmas.

Only been in this job 12 months, didn’t have a rise in over 3 years at my last place.

cheburashka
    Free Member

Yes, I will expect 3-4%.

epo-aholic
    Free Member

i received an 11p per hour payrise last year after 3 without……..i’d rather they hadn’t bothered to be honest!

toby1

Not going to know till this time next week.

I got a pretty decent rise this time last year though (approx 10%). Have been struggling to recruit decent staff recently and it seems expectations are higher at the moment salarywise. Also had a hard time getting a couple of contractors on at day rates between £400-450.

C# development, IT, with a boss who appreciates my work. Companywise though things are tough in the retail market and we contribute nothing to society so we will all burn in hell in the end!

CountZero

3% last year, just had 2½% so better than nothing, and I work in a business that involves some print.

lowey

7 years and counting.

CaptJon
    Free Member

Got £150 this year, but i’m on a pay spine which see an increase each year. Due about an extra £1k in Aug, but i suspect that will be wiped out by higher pension contributions.

gravitysucks
    Free Member

Annual payrise here, always lower than inflation though so essntially an annual paycut.

Lifer
    Free Member

😆 @ gravitysucks

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 85 total)

The topic ‘Anyone had a pay rise recently??’ is closed to new replies.