Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • anyone had a health/fitness assessment/check?
  • stavaigan
    Free Member

Not sure if these actually exist, eg at your local gp or whether you can pay for them? I have posted before about my lack of fitness/stamina and wondered if there might be medical reasons contibutng. So looking to see if you can get a comprehensive assessemtn that might show up potential reasons? Appreciate that some is down to lack of riding and weight etc but seem to be particularly knackered cp to peers going up hill. Has anyone had this sort of assessment, was it useful, did it reveal anything worthwhile etc??
    Thanks

Felofagen
    Free Member

Hi Yes I get an annual health screening every year as part of my employment package. The screening includes lung and heart functions as well as blood and urine tests.

A couple of years it picked up a cancer for which I had no physical symptoms. Tumor removed – no complications, but it was a close thing. The screening saved my life!. My advice – DO IT.

As to costs – I have no idea. The 2 companies I have used are Cigna healthcare and Optima health

docrobster
    Free Member

Why not make an appointment with your gp and explain your concerns to them?

Malvern Rider
    Free Member

They’d have to catch me first. Which would be easy. Bah.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘anyone had a health/fitness assessment/check?’ is closed to new replies.